Problems with rr brake/stop on tt - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Towing & Hauling If you have specific questions about using the Titan to tow or haul stuff around, post it in here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Problems with rr brake/stop on tt

So, I have a 2004 that has the basic tow. As in button and 7pin. When I got my tt(travel trailer), last year, I found out I was missing a relay. What automaker doesn't put in a relay, honestly. So, for last summer I used my Xterra. This year, got myself a reese wdh, installed 1 relay. Well my brake controller seems to work, as does everything but the right rear brake/signal.

Now, when I did the relay, I have 2 tow relays, the package came with 3, and most sources seem to indicate there should be 3 relays, but I have 2. And that is all the relay box cover shows. Both are new relays. Ok, so good there I would assume. I went and found a diagram of my outlet, so I can try and test the connections.
And I just read about the 2 little fuses under the dash, which I had actually stumbled across last night. I never checked them, as I didn't know what they were for.

So, when I get home, I'm checking those fuses and the outlet on the truck. What else that may or may not be hidden, should I check for? All lights worked on the trailer last week when I brought it back home from indoor storage.
I ask this as I could probably stumble around all day here, and possibly still not cover everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 11:15 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Re: Problems with rr brake/stop on tt

Absolute easiest thing to do is check the bulb, and check the power running to the bulb. If both are good then check wiring running to the light. If that's good THEN you move on to the adapter and/or outlet for the lights at the back of the truck. Start from the end and move to the source with anything electrical.

Doesn't matter if the lights worked a week ago. Drove my car to the store one time, got back in it 20 minutes later to drive home and both headlights were blown. It happens.

2008 PRO-4X KC
No chrome, custom 3" lift, Black Rhino Sidewinder 18x9's, 295/70/R18 Pathfinder AT's, Pioneer HU+Two Kicker Comp 12's, LED lights inside and out, Defiant light bar, 32" curved LED bar, amber 20" LED bar, AirAid MXP, Cajun exhaust
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

I did check the bulb yesterday. One of the first things I looked at. Trailer wiring is simple enough to check, that's why I am wondering about the things that I'd need to check with the truck. Between missing relays, bcm module replacements, ect; I figure I should know the common places to check. This truck has had a farm working life, lots of gravel roads.

Last edited by vinmansbrew; 05-21-2019 at 11:52 AM.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

So, checked the fuses under the dash and yep, 1 was toast. Lights good. Glad I stumbled across that here. Never would have known about it otherwise.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Jump to top