SWI: Steering Wheel Audio Control wires - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Visual & Audio Discussion Forum for discussion of Visual and Audio modifications, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Today, 02:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to TitanZX
I'm trying to wire up my last 3 wires on my iDataLink Maestro RR.

I'm trying to figure out which wires are the SW1, SW2 & SW Ground (Steering Wheel [Audio Buttons]) wires behind the radio. I decided to make the installation a bit more difficult with using a iDataLink Maestro RR.

Their instructions have priven to be inaccurate. But they state the following;
SWI 1 - 16 Pin Connector - PIN #9 - Green or Green/White
SWI 2 - 16 Pin Connector - PIN # 10 - Red or Red/Green
SWI Ground aka SWI Feed - 16 Pin Connector - PIN # 12 - Blue or Yellow Red

I have my Haynes manual, but it doesn't list anything for Steering Wheel Input. Well it does, but only from the steering wheel. It is infact 3 wires as
"STRG SW A" is Yellow,
"STRG SW B" is Brown &
"STRG SW Ground" is... No idea.. It says "NCA." I've looked everywhere. I can't find a description or Key on what "NCA" means. It's located on the diagrams in other areas.

I'm thinking these are the correct wire colors, but since iDataLink says differently and my Haynes manual doesn't list which PIN they are, I just want to confirm with someone who has experience. I haven't went back out, yet to look to see if there's a Yellow & a Brown wire, now that ive found it in my manual.

It's kinda hard to explain, but the Maestro SW is just like a PAC SWI Steering Wheel Audio Retention Harness, but those can be a bit tricky to wire up, but even more tricky to program. The SW & RR are are universal, but instead of manually programming the module manually, which takes forever & is a HIGE PITA, all you need to do is go to the website, select Yesr, Make, Model & which radio option installed, Connect a USB to your PC, the Micro USB to the module & then click the Programming button on the site & it programs it. Never have to buy another SWI again, have to wait fir PAC to issue out updates or even a new Module for a new model vehicle or have any issues with compatability as the Maestro is comparability 99% of vehicles.

Now what in the he'll is the Maestro RR?

Well the Maestro RR is the RR & AAAND the SW in one device. The Maestro RR portion, takes information from your OBDII port like Speedometer, Tachometer..., Engine, Transmission, Coolant, Intake, etc... Temperatures..., Voltage, TPMS, etc... and displays it on your aftermarket touchscreen Head Unit. (Some info may not be supported, depending on your vehicle's capabilities like Titan's stupid TPMS system only allowing for warning lights, not actual PSI readings like every vehicle out there.)

Now this feature requires a Nav/Touch Screen that supports this. Only a few high end JVC, Pioneer, Kenwood, Eclipse... Touch Screen models feature this.

I wish I would have known that I didn't have to buy both the Maestro RR AND the Maestro SW. I thought I needed both that was a $100 mistake. So if anyone doesn't need the whole OBDII gauges feature & just needs the only steering wheel module you'll ever have to buy, I'm selling my BNIB Maestro SW.
I also made more mistakes. Reason why I started buying these modules (I also bought iDataLink modules for my Viper Alarm/Remote Start) is because I was lead to believe they made T-Harnesses I could also buy so I wouldnt have to buy harnesses id have to solder & heat shrink like the Metra adapters. But after 2 harnesses for the audio & 2 harnesses for the audio & remote start, none of them would work. IDataLink isn't very clesr or aalccurate when it comes to what is supported & wiring. They don't list what works & doesn't work. And when it comes so wiring diagrams... its nearly impossible to find. Overall, I doesn't like... $400 on modules ; T-Harnesses I can't use, because it either doesnt fit my application. (Like.. With my NI4-THNS Harness, It's if you want to add Remote Start to your Titan, WITH the factory Key fob Anyway.... If anyone wants to do that, I'm selling it also.
Sorry for any typos. On my phone.

Thanks!

CURRENT: White 2011 Nissan Titan Crew Cab Pro-4X w/ matte black wheels, Black Bull Guard, 1.5" lift front & rear, Utilitrac Cleats, Bed Extender, Factory Spray In Bedliner
2007 Yamaha V-Star 1300 - SOLD 7/2016 2007 Suzuki GSX-R 750 - Project Rebuild Bike to sell. Putting in $3500 worth of parts into this bike to make itnobe of the fastest, yet most reliwbl3 750's around
2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636 ABS - Over $6500 in mods/parts & growing - My "Baby"
2008 Titan CC 2WD SE - 6.5" Lift, 325/60/18's. RIP
RIP: 2004 KC Titan SE
RIP: 2008 GMC Sierra SLE2 Texas Edition Z-82 Performance Package Crew Cab 2WD - Black on Black on Black
RIP: 2004 Nissan Armada SE

My Near Life Ending Accident in my Lifted '04 Titan:
https://www.clubtitan.org/forums/13-...#/topics/27711
FOR SALE: Mechman G-Series 270A PCM alternator for all GM pickups, SUV's and some cars with V-6 or V-8's

Last edited by TitanZX; Today at 02:53 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Jump to top