05 CC LE 4x4 Brake Upgrade - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Wheels, Tires & Brakes Technical discussion about the wheels, tires, brakes, etc.
Forum sponsored by: Discount Tire

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
05 CC LE 4x4 Brake Upgrade

Hi guys. Recently purchased an 05 T in crew cab 4x4 with LE package. It has 161k on it and will mostly be used as a shop truck (I own a performance shop in NY).

Since I have access to most aftermarket parts and OEM parts... I’m looking to do the brakes on the truck now. I’ve read all the threads regarding upgrading to 08 front calipers etc.

Main question is... since finding the spacers for
The hub is proving to be a tedious task...

Does the 2008+ front hub assembly bolt on to the 05-06 trucks with no serious modifications? Figure I’ll replace the hub while doing the upgrade.

Thank in advance for any help clarifying this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 09:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Re: 05 CC LE 4x4 Brake Upgrade

You actually have a couple of non-spacer options. You can buy the new hubs, as the 08-up hubs bolt right up to the earlier trucks. Or you can buy 2006 Armada disks, as they are the large diameter disks, but fit the smaller hub bore. It's in a thread on here (https://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...rs-needed.html) and seems pretty straight forward. Either way puts you using a mix of part numbers you'll need to track (either different hubs/rotors/calipers/pads or different rotors/calipers/pads, and maybe brackets and lines, can't remember right off hand, as I only researched this when I was looking at a 2006 for my son which we didn't end up buying).
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyam View Post
You actually have a couple of non-spacer options. You can buy the new hubs, as the 08-up hubs bolt right up to the earlier trucks. Or you can buy 2006 Armada disks, as they are the large diameter disks, but fit the smaller hub bore. It's in a thread on here (https://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...rs-needed.html) and seems pretty straight forward. Either way puts you using a mix of part numbers you'll need to track (either different hubs/rotors/calipers/pads or different rotors/calipers/pads, and maybe brackets and lines, can't remember right off hand, as I only researched this when I was looking at a 2006 for my son which we didn't end up buying).
I am trying to source parts for this myself For same truck model and 4x4 and have a couple Quesions.
Why not just get 06 Armada Rotors and Calipers as a matched set instead of the 06 Armada rotors and 08 Titan calipers. Are the Titan calipers superior to the 06 Akebono ?
Looks like Rock auto has a matched set(Power stop KC290936) Is this the best route to take?

05 LE CC 4x4, Big Tow, XM, Tinted windows, Chrome 18" QX 56 wheels,Bridgestone Revo AT tires, Stainless Chromed Westin Bull Bar, 4PC APS alluminum billet grill, Stainless exhaust tip, PRG leveling kit, PRG modified Bilstein rear shocks, Air Lift 1000 rear suspension leveling kit with Load Controler II inflation system, Lund Genesis Trifold Tonneau, Stampede Bug Shield, EGR in channel window vent visors,Power Tailgate Mod, IPCW LED Tailgate Light Bar.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 11:46 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)

I don't think there's a nickel's worth of difference between them. Get the properly sized Akebonos and my suspicion is, whether you order the ones for the Armada or the ones for the Titan, you'll get what is the same part. If you can find a set on a deal, that's always a good route to go.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Jump to top