Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

On September 26, Nissan will reveal a 'hot' new 2020 edition of the Titan PRO-4X model that features vibrant lava red accents, along with other features like:
  • a bold new design
  • a "first-of-its-kind ‘hot' Nissan badge (with vibrant lava red accents", revealed in the video clip below)
  • updated lower fascia
  • new LED accent lights
  • updated headlights and tailllights
  • new tail gate design
  • revised dashboard
  • an even more aggressive version of the brand’s “V-motion” grille
  • and more as seen on a 2020 Titan PRO-4X development mule (pictures after the press release)
Can't wait to see it fully unveiled at the Texas State Fair next week!

PRESS RELEASE
‘Hot’ new 2020 Nissan TITAN coming Sept. 26
September 19, 2019
DALLAS – Nissan is ready to introduce the new 2020 TITAN pickup with a bold design – including a first-of-its-kind "hot" Nissan badge with lava red accents featured on the off-road-ready PRO-4X model.

The redesigned 2020 Nissan TITAN will be unveiled at the State Fair of Texas on Sept. 26, and on Nissan's channels on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.

For more information on the complete Nissan vehicle lineup and available advanced safety, security, and driver assistance technologies, please visit www.NissanNews.com.

The 2020 TITAN is not yet available for purchase. Expected availability early 2020. Pre-production model shown; see actual production vehicle when available for final details on features.

__

2020 TITAN PRO-4X DEVELOPMENT MULE PICTURES

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Looks like the grille is taking after the Titan emblem a bit with those curves. Hopefully they're pulling some of the sharper lines they've been doing with the other cars (Altima, Maxima, Rogue). That was one of my biggest gripes about the 2016 design. It just looked very bulbous on the front end.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Is the same woman in charge of all this, that was the lead on the initial redesign?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the same woman in charge of all this, that was the lead on the initial redesign?
That always bothered me. As the years go on, automakers get more out of touch with the needs of enthusiasts which paved the way for many high volume selling vehicles.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
She got the 1st gen design right...
True, very true. The 1st gen was so much different looking than any other truck. It was fresh, unique, and I have owned mine nearly 15 years.

Then they laid an egg on the 2nd gen IMO.

·
Registered
591 Posts
True, very true. The 1st gen was so much different looking than any other truck. It was fresh, unique, and I have owned mine nearly 15 years.

Then they laid an egg on the 2nd gen IMO.
Yep.. Where did all the innovation go? Clearly innovation is the key...Now Nissan is trying to catch up. These trucks need something to hang their hat on so Nissan doesn't have to sell them cheap..(Not that I'm complaining).

Ford has gadgets and gimmicks and endless configurations
Chevy I haven't figured out yet but people buy the crap out of them..
Ram has luxury and good ride
Toyota has reliability

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looks great so far from what I can see? I saw a different video on Youtube where the man said he was "tied" into the know and said the following: The 2020 Titan will get the Infiniti "tune" so 400hp and 400+ tq, sunroof will be available, 9 speed transmission, full led lighting front and back, 9" infotainment screen. If all those things are true and they can make each grille unique, plus maybe make the front overhang shorter this could be amazing. Yes Ford and Ram have the bells and whistles and Chevy is new and a new Tundra and F150 are on the way but I still feel the Pro 4X Titan is the best bang for your buck out there. With some tweeking this could get some new buyers I feel.

·
Registered
139 Posts
As much as I like my 17 SV, Nissan could do a lot of improvements. Enlarge the freakin wheel wells to be able to put a larger tire on the truck! I've seen some with 6" lifts, and small (stock size) tires, IMO, which looks pretty stupid. Put the V8 badge back on the fender, all the others are doing this, but we had ours first. All the "new" updates are just for raising prices to make more money on trucks that don't sell now. My dealer put a $10,000 lift package on a Platinum XD, with stock size tires, but new black rims. He asked my opinion, I told him you couldn't sell it for $60,000, now you never will for $70,000, good luck!

·
Registered
591 Posts
I didn't see any reference to auto start/stop. Would love to get more on that. That's a truly annoying feature.
I didn't either.
Interesting thing is if u go to fuelly the current Titan only gets 1.5 to 2mpg less than the f150 with 3.5 ecoboost.

That 9 speed might be enough to bridge the mpg gap minus the annoying turbos, start/stop, and cylinder deactivation. Not to mention the performance improvements..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not too shabby. Dont like the automatic shut off w/o being to shut it off.
Where are you getting that from? I have read a few articles and watched a couple of videos. Have not heard any mention of AS/S. I have it on my F150 and hate it but at least I can turn it off.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I personally like the changes. Glad to see they are changing the rear end ratio to an actual truck ratio. Would love to have a Pro4X in the new red. I need some of you guys to go ahead and place an order so ya'll can be the testers of the the new 9spd. ;)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts