Nissan Titan Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Now requires Premium fuel? That is what the first article says. WTF! Now I am really glad I bought my '19!
The good thing is it should run fine on any fuel. My 16’ Maxima was the same way....ran great and even got the best fuel economy on 87. When I felt the need for more power I went to 93...but to be honest the gains were barely felt....especially to warrant the extra 50 cents a gallon...

·
Registered
143 Posts
What really got me excited about the video is that it looks like these new LED tail lights are the same size as my 17' PR. My only gripe is my PR has LED everywhere except the tail lights. I would shell the money out to get these I like the look.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Also I would like to know how the new deck will be once people can get true measurements and how bad it would be to get plug and play. Lol

·
Registered
333 Posts
It is very likely that Nissan execs would have directed designers to change the infotainment systems in the 2020 to not be backward compatible with Gen 2 Titans to prevent sales cannibalism. Perhaps I'm wrong.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well that may be the case but I just looked through the video again and I can see me, in the next few years, finding ways to put some of these newer type inserts in. I'll be looking forward to the diy and tests other members do on their 2nd Gens with 2020+ models

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Talk about shooting yourself in the foot...

Your cab choices are further limited for 2020, as Nissan has eliminated every configuration except for the Crew Cab with a 6.5-foot bed. We hope you wanted four-wheel drive, because that’s also the only drivetrain available.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/10/21/2020-nissan-titan-xd-revealed/

I will say that I like the revised styling on the front and back. The front looks much better in my opinion. The PR with woodgrain interior trim. Oh my...how hideous looking.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks for your link. Wow... Didn't see that one coming. I knew they were lowering config options but that's insanely limited. Hopefully, that means they are going to price them lower..... I doubt it but going that limited...

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
So at this point, why even have an XD and non-XD? Either have a beefier half ton or the normal Titan.

·
Registered
333 Posts
BTW, last night my Road & Track magazine came in the mail and one of the articles was a final review of the XD Cummins, calling its cancellation a "damn shame."

·
Registered
120 Posts
BTW, last night my Road & Track magazine came in the mail and one of the articles was a final review of the XD Cummins, calling its cancellation a "damn shame."
Unfortunately, this is common place. Good vehicles fall to the wayside often due to low sales. Look at the Holden models that have been brought to the US - they're all great, but Americans don't buy them. Manual transmissions are also a good example of something great that has nearly been eradicated in the US due to low sales... meanwhile, here in Europe, you can buy a cargo van with a MT.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm not 100% nuts about the fake fender vent, but it's grown on me a little. I do wish they would actually look at the Warrior concept truck, which ours look nothing at all like. Nissan has a problem designing a truck that looks a little different from others. My 1st gen Titan had a better design (IMO). Look at our consoles, you think they would have a optional insert with a phone holder, or at least something instead of a big hole. I would have rather had a console mounted shifter, that doesn't block the defroster controls. I'll take the chrome bumpers, I know some may not like them, but my Ram 1500 had the plastic covers, at least what was left of them. My truck bumpers still look new, but why did they use a painted one on the rear? Toyota has some neat features Nissan should copy from. Power roll down rear window, replaceable bumper halves on the rear. I guess they will add more electronics to keep young buyers happy, they forgot what a truck is really for.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts