Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's an insane deal! Way below Nissan employee pricing. I accept Venmo, Zelle or Paypal as payment which will all let you use a credit card if need be.

Very tempting.......

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Someone asked how long it takes to install. It takes me 4 hours in the driveway with a floor jack, two jack stands and a Harbor Freight electric impact gun lol. If you decide to tackle the install yourself ill be happy to lead you through the install, during your install.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How do these hold up in Midwest winters. Salted roads.
Great question. The upper arms are unique because they are the only arms I know of that have a Delta Joint.

The Delta Joint was designed for the climates that the uniballs have not been able to stand up in. I.E snow, road salts, high moisture, etc. The Delta Joint in simple terms is a "sealed uniball" that is greased instead of using a teflon liner. ICON is estimating these to have life spans of at least 100K. The benefit of the Delta Joint is that you don't get the noises that are accompanied with a dried out or worn out uniball.

When comparing the uniball straight across to a Delta Joint, the Delta joint does have quite a few advantages.
1. No noise with the Delta Joints
2. The Delta Joint has a stronger pull out strength compared to the uniball.
3. The Delta Joint is a one piece design, so no more misalignment spacers or broken spindle adapter spacers.
4. Comes with a 5 year/100k warranty when used with Icon suspension kits
5. Delta Joint gives you the same high misalignment angles of a uniball.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where are you located ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in San Diego, near Mission Bay and Sea World. Installation is just $300 and will take around 4 hours. If you arent local to me I will be available after the sale to lead you through the install yourself.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any need for a camber bolt kit after installing this? Thanks in advance.
Some do, MOST don't. It's really easy to install them. Don't even need to take the tires off. I can lead through it. Moog camber bolts are around $40 for the set and OEM around $100 for the set.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Awesome. I accept Venmo, zelle or Paypal which will all let you use a credit card if need be. Message me with your preferred way to pay

Registered
Looks like a great deal but had a couple questions as I haven't been on the forum in awhile and hadn't seen this kit before.

1. Are the coilovers included the extended length versions that were available before the kit came out? I assume so based on the lift range.
2. Do you know what spring rate is on the coilovers, would it be too stiff for a 2wd w/o a huge bumper or winch?
2. How large of a lift will the rear shocks work with?
3. Any reason why that UCA wouldn't work with a CST spindle?

I have an 05 2wd that has the CST 4" spindle, strut spacer, and stock struts up front and in the back I have the Deaver c30 and 1.5" fabtech block with some long bilistein shocks, I think 5125s? Bought it a long time ago from PRG and really need to finally get new shocks and jrebuild the whole front end. Always planned to upgrade to coilovers and ucas just never got around to it. Would really like to get the dirt king mid travel kit but damn it's expensive! Thinking this and some new LCA bushings & hardware may be the better route for a 17 year old truck!

Will these still ride pretty smooth on the road? A while back when I was doing coilover research it seemed like the consensus was kings were the smoothest if you did mostly on road, but looking recently it seems like they are pretty backordered.

Thanks!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks like a great deal but had a couple questions as I haven't been on the forum in awhile and hadn't seen this kit before.

1. Are the coilovers included the extended length versions that were available before the kit came out? I assume so based on the lift range.
2. Do you know what spring rate is on the coilovers, would it be too stiff for a 2wd w/o a huge bumper or winch?
2. How large of a lift will the rear shocks work with?
3. Any reason why that UCA wouldn't work with a CST spindle?

I have an 05 2wd that has the CST 4" spindle, strut spacer, and stock struts up front and in the back I have the Deaver c30 and 1.5" fabtech block with some long bilistein shocks, I think 5125s? Bought it a long time ago from PRG and really need to finally get new shocks and jrebuild the whole front end. Always planned to upgrade to coilovers and ucas just never got around to it. Would really like to get the dirt king mid travel kit but damn it's expensive! Thinking this and some new LCA bushings & hardware may be the better route for a 17 year old truck!

Will these still ride pretty smooth on the road? A while back when I was doing coilover research it seemed like the consensus was kings were the smoothest if you did mostly on road, but looking recently it seems like they are pretty backordered.

Thanks!
It's not a great deal, it's an insane deal when you price this stuff out separately.

1.) Extended travel coilovers are coilovers that offer half an inch more droop. Extended Length are coilovers that are physically longer for bracket lift kits. These are neither.

2.) 650# coil which is a great rate between 2wd and 4x4.

3.) 0-2" but the sell rear shock extension brackets on ebay if you have a taller rear lift than 2".

4.) I have installed these coilovers and upper control arms on a 2012 with a CST 4" lift spindle and it worked perfectly (kicking myself for not taking a pic).

In conclusion these parts will all work with your current set up and greatly improve your ride. Itll ride better than a new truck. I guarantee it. King is the best but currently on back order for over a year. Icon is the second best. Icon, unless purchased in this kit is on back order for over 6 months.

Registered
Thanks for the quick reply and info. Yeah I meant to say extended travel, not length, forgot they make those for the bracket lifts which I don't have.

Man I'm really surprised they didn't put the extended travel version of their coilover in this kit?! Thought that was half the reason to run an aftermarket UCA was to go that route and take advantage of the extra travel.

Let me look into the rear shock extension thing and think about it. You're right, it is an insane deal but not quite an exact match to what I originally had in mind, extended travel coilover, rear shock to accommodate 4" rear lift and UCA. Their UCA sounds interesting too, little different than the rest, I'll look into that more too. Looks like they don't sell it individually?

Thanks again for all the info.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Again the extended travel is just half an inch of extra travel. The upper arm provides more coil bucket clearance to allow more than 2.5" of lift on your 1st gen 2wd otherwise you'll get coil bucket contact. You are correct about the arms only being offered in this package. The arms are very unique because they offer a Delta joint.

The Delta Joint was designed for the climates that the uniballs have not been able to stand up in. I.E snow, road salts, high moisture, etc. The Delta Joint in simple terms is a "sealed uniball" that is greased instead of using a teflon liner. ICON is estimating these to have life spans of at least 100K. The benefit of the Delta Joint is that you don't get the noises that are accompanied with a dried out or worn out uniball.

When comparing the uniball straight across to a Delta Joint, the Delta joint does have quite a few advantages.
1. No noise with the Delta Joints
2. The Delta Joint has a stronger pull out strength compared to the uniball.
3. The Delta Joint is a one piece design, so no more misalignment spacers or broken spindle adapter spacers.
4. Comes with a 5 year/100k warranty when used with Icon suspension kits
5. Delta Joint gives you the same high misalignment angles of a uniball.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just a friendly reminder to all that want to take advantage of this sale. All orders must be placed by 5PM EST tomorrow (Wednesday 11/24). After 11/24 the price goes up $150.

Registered
It's not a great deal, it's an insane deal when you price this stuff out separately.

1.) Extended travel coilovers are coilovers that offer half an inch more droop. Extended Length are coilovers that are physically longer for bracket lift kits. These are neither.

2.) 650# coil which is a great rate between 2wd and 4x4.

3.) 0-2" but the sell rear shock extension brackets on ebay if you have a taller rear lift than 2".

4.) I have installed these coilovers and upper control arms on a 2012 with a CST 4" lift spindle and it worked perfectly (kicking myself for not taking a pic).

In conclusion these parts will all work with your current set up and greatly improve your ride. Itll ride better than a new truck. I guarantee it. King is the best but currently on back order for over a year. Icon is the second best. Icon, unless purchased in this kit is on back order for over 6 months.
Anybody know what the stock coil spring weight on a 4wd is?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts