Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm driving on my way home, down a 2 lane highway, and of course here comes the obligatory red light where it goes from 2 lanes to 1 lane.

i'm in the left lane and i see some HID's coming up to the red light, low and behold it's a 350z.

He starts revving the **** out of the thing, so i bite.

Light turns green, i let the clutch out around 7 grand and she gets *** happy to the right so i straighten it up and pedal it out. Grabs traction, shift to 2nd, he's about front bumper at my rear bumper at this point, winding out 2nd got me all the way out front of him. Oh i forgot to mention i heard him hit the rev limiter a little bit.

We then have to slow down and mister loser is riding my *** revving like crazy every time we have to slow down to let someone turn. Good times!

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
So i'm driving on my way home, down a 2 lane highway, and of course here comes the obligatory red light where it goes from 2 lanes to 1 lane.

i'm in the left lane and i see some HID's coming up to the red light, low and behold it's a 350z.

He starts revving the **** out of the thing, so i bite.

Light turns green, i let the clutch out around 7 grand and she gets *** happy to the right so i straighten it up and pedal it out. Grabs traction, shift to 2nd, he's about front bumper at my rear bumper at this point, winding out 2nd got me all the way out front of him. Oh i forgot to mention i heard him hit the rev limiter a little bit.

We then have to slow down and mister loser is riding my *** revving like crazy every time we have to slow down to let someone turn. Good times!
Here ya go I'll post like you then I'll post like me.
Woot comment: If he wouldn't have hit the rev limiter he would have smoked you if he knows how to drive.

Deerslayer comment: Good kill:)

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No clue what year 350z it was.

All i know was i beat him.

Deerslayer: that comment would never happen, because i only post a comment to call BS on races that are ****ing BS.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Good kill man, those 350s arent little granny cars, I love driving my mom's Z all the time. Do you think that it could have turned out different if he had the same mods as you?

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have an 04 Z and its not that great to launch and the 1st-2nd gear shift is horrible. Unless its F/I, the stock N/A ones only start to come alive in the way upper rpm ranges.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice kill. Was it the HR version? Thats a good race normally isn't it? Aren't they close to the same performance stock? I don't even know who would have the edge stock for stock
If it was an HR with a decent driver and traction, the Z would have been in front and start pulling once he hit 3rd gear. If you managed to get into the triple digits, the Z would have had a couple of cars lead.

I had an 06 350Z with nismo headers, strupp test pipes, single 3" AAM exhaust, JW POP charger, plenum spacer, and an exedy stage 1 street clutch. 1st and second gear was pretty much useless off the line with street tires. I've spanked many S2K's and 2003-2005 350's with the same mods, as well as intake/turbo back EVO's and STI's from a roll 30 - 120 by 2-3 cars. The 06's came with 300hp/260tq (not the HR engine), and the power came on strong from about 4800 rpm - 7600 rpm.

Good kill.

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's a lot of mods.

intake/turboback evo/sti's are actually not even much faster at all.

It's when the tune comes in that they get way faster than stock.

The only time i ever raced an STi all he had was a turboback and a cobb accessport basemap... and he worked me hard. He pulled a bus on me from 60 to 100.

PS: it sucks that you had the slow Z. rev up was a sidegrade. It had more horsepower, but it lost low end.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's a lot of mods.

intake/turboback evo/sti's are actually not even much faster at all.

It's when the tune comes in that they get way faster than stock.

The only time i ever raced an STi all he had was a turboback and a cobb accessport basemap... and he worked me hard. He pulled a bus on me from 60 to 100.

PS: it sucks that you had the slow Z. rev up was a sidegrade. It had more horsepower, but it lost low end.
My 06 Z had the rev-up engine and was significantly faster on the top-end than the 03-05's. In 07, they came out with the HR engine which had even more HP/TQ.

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know. My friend has an 08. The HR dynos a solid 20+ more horsepower than a DE

They also lengthened the gearing in the 07+ to take advantage of the broader torque range.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I used to be a big "honda head" back in the day and still have respect for what they can do with such little displacement. My first tuner car was a 91 crx with a b16 swap and the basic bolt ons. It was pretty quick too. I ended up buying an EVO 8 in 03 and kept that till 06 when I picked up the Z.

My next project will be an S2K and will be mostly for track use. On a tight track, the S2K can murder cars that out power it and if driven HARD, there is probably no other car that will give you a smile like the S2K can. Happy tuning...

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The cars are pretty much dead heat in all respects. Except on a very tight course. The s2k should dominate a 350z on a very tight course.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts