Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cats are gone, they have plugged up my tube and resonator, trying to get resonator off so I can clean it but am unable to remove the 02 censor. Ive done about everything imaginable to get the darn thing off and it refuses. I was thinking of just cutting it off and pulling it out, what does that particular 02 censor do? Any advice much appreciated. Also was interested in knowing what aftermarket exhausts to stay away from and what not. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
My cats are gone, they have plugged up my tube and resonator, trying to get resonator off so I can clean it but am unable to remove the 02 censor. Ive done about everything imaginable to get the darn thing off and it refuses. I was thinking of just cutting it off and pulling it out, what does that particular 02 censor do? Any advice much appreciated. Also was interested in knowing what aftermarket exhausts to stay away from and what not. Thanks for the help
Ok first off, Sensor, not censor, I could give a rats a$$ but just for future reference

Ok best thing you can possibly do is pick up some penetrating lube (PB blaster) and soak the hell out of it over and over, get a breaker bar and a good deep 02 sensor socket if you're not using one already, and give her hell...and which sensor are you trying to get at? A/F sensors on the manifolds or actual 02 sensors on the b-pipes? Don't cut, our sensors are expensive:bangit:

Any aftermarket will be fine, search here if you want sound/performance/looks etc.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Good call. I would do the same before trying anything eles brah!

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
I would check my mileage and see if it's within the federal emission 80k warranty and slap everything back together and take it to the stealership, since you most likley have cracked manifolds that caused the cats to fail??? If you're over mileage then, do as RyBo said... spray, soak, then turn... and hope the O2 sensor didn't get damaged because of the flying chunks of cat material blowing through to the resinator...

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
I knocked mine out pretty easily with an O2 impact socket and impact wrench after I had the pipes off the truck and sprayed them with penetrating oil.

If they are still on the truck and you are using an O2 socket or O2 wrench, some people say they come out easier when they are still warm from driving.

I put a little copper anti-seize on the threads when I put mine back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts