Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SES light came on. Plugged in and ran Cipher for the first time in 4 years. I have these codes:

P0159 - 02 Sensor Circuit Slow Repsonse (Bank 2 Sensor 2)
P1166 - Heated 02 Sensor 2 (service manual states minimal voltage monitoring)
P1167 - Heated 02 Sensor 2 (SM states maximum voltage monitoriing)

Should I go pay someone to diagnose it with Consult-II or buy a new 02 sensor for passenger side, rear?

NOTE: My original 02 sensors were modified by me in 2012 -- wires cut, extensions soldered in to reach the 02 Sensor Bung after the cat.

·
Premium Member
20,940 Posts
I have aftermarket b-pipes and had no need to alter the sensor wires. Are you saying you had to alter the sensor wires for the rear sensors?

Reactions: superdave

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have aftermarket b-pipes and had no need to alter the sensor wires. Are you saying you had to alter the sensor wires for the rear sensors?

Yes. Back in 2012 when I install the headers and Cajun B-Pipes, the O2 Sensor bung was too far away from the connector, so I had to lengthen the wires on the stock 02 sensor. I soldered and shrink wrapped all wires and then shrink wrapped the whole thing. Was very time consuming, but it worked and I never saw a code, until now.

I think I will swap the left/right rear o2 sensors and clear the code. Then I can see if the code comes back and follows the o2 sensor.

Thanks!

·
Registered
511 Posts
I think I will swap the left/right rear o2 sensors and clear the code. Then I can see if the code comes back and follows the o2 sensor.
Yep. O2 sensors are a normal wear part. Those codes usually mean the sensor is past it's prime and that is what slows the voltage switching down. The computer is looking for samples at a specific rate within a range and when the sample rate slows (drops) the code is set. Causes are age and use related, but in a nutshell, heated sensors aren't made to last more than 100K and most die before that.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Your wire extensions may have added just enough resistance to make the Ecu think the sensor is on its way out. Now it has crossed that threshold due to use since you extended the wires....of course the connections could also be corroded and the sensor still good.

I would inspect them and maybe switch them around to see what happens before spending the money.
Catalyst monitors can easily last the life of your vehicle, although most get killed prior to that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts