Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to remove my 6 disk changer and replace it with a touchscreen double din. I just wanted to see if anyone else has done this and how it is done? Is there a replacement bezel or does the stock one get cut? I have seen some taken off but the AC controls and everything else was still connected to the bezel. Any help would be great. Also sorry if none of this makes any sense.

·
Registered
384 Posts
just pull the bezel out...its held in by clips, you can do a search on here and find more details

·
Registered
372 Posts
It can definitely be done
Scosche and Metra make replacement bezels
Search "double din install"
You'll get all the info

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK thanks a lot of people have said the OEM XE ones will work. Any ideas where i can find one of these?

·
Registered
384 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks man.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yep not too hard to do actually. Just finished install of Pioneer AVH P4300 in my 06 SE CC w/ RF. I also replaced factory 6x9's and 6.5's. So that being said, Eakes on here has great info about bypassing the RF amp. (Props to him) BUt I didn't use it since I decided to pull new wires into the doors for the new speakers, I used the schoshe kit and it looks descent, but I had to modify a couple of things, the hazard light switch is in a different location than factory so the actual plug hit some plastic behind it in the dash. As for the head unit, I used the factory bracket and the unit sat a bit low and forward for the dash kit to sit flush on the dash. Had to dremel the lip flush around the DD opening and shim the bottom screws on the radio brackets. All is well now. Also integrated the steering wheel controls. I found most of what I needed on the forums. Thanks to all who posted on this topic before, I soldered ALL connections on the PAC and it works perfectly, no lag time at all. Some day down the road I will probably get an OEM XE bezel to see if it fits better, but didn't want to spend the extra money on it right now, not that I am that disapointed with the Schosche kit, but it is aftermarket and I can tell.
Also, I did spend hours searching for all the info on here but it was well worth it. I found the revese gear wire, and I also wired up a relay to bypass the parking brake lockout. Thanks to all again...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts