Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So looking for thoughts/feeling on installing a 5th wheel hitch in a 04 titan with a 6'6" bed. Trailer is 25 feet and weighs 4700#.

Also, in the bed of the truck there are 4 holes which appear to be where the 5th wheel hitch should be mounted. Are these factory holes or from the previous owner? And is this intended for a 5th wheel hitch? There are no holes or bolts in the frame under the bed. Around the holes is a recessed area which you can see in the picture so I am assuming it is a factory drill hole?

Attachments

·
Registered
463 Posts
I'm no help with the 5th wheel, but others have done it. Maybe try a search here for the 5th wheel.

As far as the holes in the bed, but they could be the factory mounting holes for the utilitrack rails, but it is hard to tell from the picture.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have installed the rails in my 04 Titan - Draw Tight makes a special bracket kit part # 58405 to mount the rails for a 5th wheel hitch -- the standard rail kit comes with universal brackets and you might be able to get them to work, but the special ones made for the truck make it fairly easy to install. You should be able to buy the rails for about $100 and the brackets for about $90. I used these rails for a goose neck plate, but they also fit a 5th wheel hitch, just make sure you have enough clearance between your cab and trailer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts