Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a first gen titan 04 2wd with tow package and I just upgrade from 35s to 37inches tires and I'm trying to upgrade the rear end but I'm not sure if I can regear or do I need to replace the whole thing. I'm researching and I found that the Titans come with a stock Dana 44 3.36 ratio , does anybody recommend a shop around LA area?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Not sure about NIssan, but when I went from 3.42 to 4.10 gears in my 2000 Sierra I had to also purchase an aftermarket tuner to keep the ABS brakes functioning correctly. That was an extra $350 I wasn't expecting on spending.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yes you can install a lower gear! It will be expensive but worth it! Aftermarket gears are available.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Love the look!:cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes you can install a lower gear! It will be expensive but worth it! Aftermarket gears are available.
I'm pretty sure it will be but like you said it worth the money. She's been 15 years with me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure about NIssan, but when I went from 3.42 to 4.10 gears in my 2000 Sierra I had to also purchase an aftermarket tuner to keep the ABS brakes functioning correctly. That was an extra $350 I wasn't expecting on spending.
Did you replace the dif cover ? Just wondering if the ring would be the same size or bigger.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Did you replace the dif cover ? Just wondering if the ring would be the same size or bigger.
The nice thing about GMC was that they offered many choices in gearing from the factory. I bought OEM 4.10 gears so no need to change the cover. I also went OEM because all my research said they would be quieter than aftermarket which are made more for racing.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
I want to do that to my 04 too!:cool:
Also interested in the specifics.
I had to replace my diff a couple of years ago - it was expensive - it required a complete replacement because we know Nissan just replaces with new parts and don't "fix" anything.
It was also a C29 so increasing would be beneficial.
I need to know more about it all, how does it affect the 4wd, etc.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Look at your door sticker.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I re-geared my Frontier P4X, which has the same M226 with a locker and shorter axle tubes. Expect about $500-600 in labor, and another $150-200 if they need to replace the axle seals. The ring and pinion, along with the master install kit, can be purchased from Rugged Rocks Nissan Titan Ring & Pinion Gears (A60) 2004 - 2015. I have a manual transmission with different ratios than you, but I ended up getting 4.10s for 33s. For 37s I'd run 4.56. Steven at Rugged Rocks will be able to point you toward a gear shop in the LA area that can perform the work.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for your comment, I already checked on their website , and apparently there's no parts for my Titan but now that you mentioned the guy's name I will give then a call to see what are my options.
Thanks again brother.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts