Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a first gen titan 04 2wd with tow package and I just upgrade from 35s to 37inches tires and I'm trying to upgrade the rear end but I'm not sure if I can regear or do I need to replace the whole thing. I'm researching and I found that the Titans come with a stock Dana 44 3.36 ratio , does anybody recommend a shop around LA area?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Not sure about NIssan, but when I went from 3.42 to 4.10 gears in my 2000 Sierra I had to also purchase an aftermarket tuner to keep the ABS brakes functioning correctly. That was an extra $350 I wasn't expecting on spending.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Love the look!:cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure about NIssan, but when I went from 3.42 to 4.10 gears in my 2000 Sierra I had to also purchase an aftermarket tuner to keep the ABS brakes functioning correctly. That was an extra $350 I wasn't expecting on spending.
Did you replace the dif cover ? Just wondering if the ring would be the same size or bigger.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Did you replace the dif cover ? Just wondering if the ring would be the same size or bigger.
The nice thing about GMC was that they offered many choices in gearing from the factory. I bought OEM 4.10 gears so no need to change the cover. I also went OEM because all my research said they would be quieter than aftermarket which are made more for racing.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I want to do that to my 04 too!:cool:
Also interested in the specifics.
I had to replace my diff a couple of years ago - it was expensive - it required a complete replacement because we know Nissan just replaces with new parts and don't "fix" anything.
It was also a C29 so increasing would be beneficial.
I need to know more about it all, how does it affect the 4wd, etc.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Look at your door sticker.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I re-geared my Frontier P4X, which has the same M226 with a locker and shorter axle tubes. Expect about $500-600 in labor, and another $150-200 if they need to replace the axle seals. The ring and pinion, along with the master install kit, can be purchased from Rugged Rocks Nissan Titan Ring & Pinion Gears (A60) 2004 - 2015. I have a manual transmission with different ratios than you, but I ended up getting 4.10s for 33s. For 37s I'd run 4.56. Steven at Rugged Rocks will be able to point you toward a gear shop in the LA area that can perform the work.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for your comment, I already checked on their website , and apparently there's no parts for my Titan but now that you mentioned the guy's name I will give then a call to see what are my options.
Thanks again brother.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts