Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driverside boat trailer brake & directional light does not work, only the running light works.

I also have an 05 Titan and the trailer lights work properly with this truck.

I have tested with a cheap LED tester and found that the LH prong has no juice with the brake or directional on. I've had this happen intermittently and before I could get home and fix it, it would start working. I've shaken and rattled the receiver a million times and never been able to duplicate the problem until now. I went to bring my sled trailer to storage and the problem came back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just spent about 10 minutes looking under my dash. I found a PDF showing the BCM and I've located the BCM.

There is 2 rather large harnesses coming out of the BCM with a CLUSTER of wires neatly electrical taped together, but I see no exposed fuses. Do I need to unravel the electrical tape to find the fuses?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just spent about 10 minutes looking under my dash. I found a PDF showing the BCM and I've located the BCM.

There is 2 rather large harnesses coming out of the BCM with a CLUSTER of wires neatly electrical taped together, but I see no exposed fuses. Do I need to unravel the electrical tape to find the fuses?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for the double post.

Anyway, this cluster of wires coming out of the bcm was where my fuses were hidden. I had to unravel a quarter mile of the stickiest electrical tape I've ever seen. Not to mention that the white box everyone tells you to look for was fully taped so I had to unravel that also before I found any fuses. Needless to say the LH fuse was blown and this solved my problem.

Now like everything else on my Titan, looking to fix one problem brought up another problem. My power steering is leaking in the cabin under the dash. I kept getting oil spots on my floor mat and couldn't figure out why and I have to top off my PSF occasionally and never put the two together.

·
Registered
12 Posts
hey look right behind the light bulb up agenst were that bundle of wiers plug in and you will see 2 whit caps that you have to open and inside each one of them you will find a 10 amp fuse

1 - 7 of 7 Posts