Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a Titan on ebay that has 90k miles on it and I think he is looking for around $15K.

Do you think that is fair, or would it be stupid to get a titan with that many miles on it.

It won't let me post links, but its item number 190129560312 on ebay.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Go to NADA.com and look up the used value.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
five said:
I am looking at a Titan on ebay that has 90k miles on it and I think he is looking for around $15K.

Do you think that is fair, or would it be stupid to get a titan with that many miles on it.

It won't let me post links, but its item number 190129560312 on ebay.
where are you located?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the same town and he is asking below the kelly blue book value.

Mainly just wondering about buying something used with that many miles on it.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
five said:
In the same town and he is asking below the kelly blue book value.

Mainly just wondering about buying something used with that many miles on it.
It would appear to be a good deal, any aftermarket products on it that might would take your mind off of 90,000 miles. That is just a lot for me to buy, looks like a good price though.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Ask to take it to a mechanic and have it inspected.

One of the mistakes people make regardless of what vehicle they purchase is to not take into account is to not figure in the cost of maintenance.

A vehicle with 90,000 may have some maintenance expenses coming up other than oil/radiator/transmission fluid changes.

Other than those normal expenses, you would want to look at shocks, wiring, tires, etc.

The deal sounds good depending upon what model it is...

Good luck.

·
Registered
99 Posts
A buddy of mine just bought an '04 LE Crew Cab at the auction for 15k. It had about the same mileage, maybe 95k miles. Seemed about right.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I think you can find a Titan with much lower mileage for the same money. I'd keep looking. 90k for a 3 or 4 yr old vehicle is excessive. If you have to have it, check for al maintanence records, recalls done etc, and have a mechanic go over it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It is nicely loaded but I'd prefer to buy a vehicle w/o so many miles. Also it's an '04 which has been proven to have some issues being the first year model. In my opinion the money saved doesn't replace the amount of life/mileage used on the vehicle.

The miles matter in 2 ways....longetivity and resale value. The truck may well last over 300k, who knows. But I promise you once it hits 100k + miles, your value and amount of buyers will decrease. For the most part the majority of the American culture still views buying a vehicle with that many miles dangerous and unreliable. I have several friends that don't flinch buying a vehicle w/ that many miles, but those friends equal about 5-10% of the people I know. Just a thought.

In comparison, I bought a brand new '07 SE CC model for $22.8k. Now the rebates are $1,500 more os you could get it for $21.3k. It wouldn't be as nicely loaded, but the maintenance costs would be much lower and the life expectancy will be alot longer as well. You can always add leather and the other options as your budget allows or as you see fit.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Mine is an 04 and I haven't had many problems and I am at 71k+. The biggest things were the radiator and a/c controls all replaced under warranty. The miles would worry me but where I am at in Cali everything is far away so all of my mile a freeway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts