Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering.....I keep hearing people say that Nissan has come a long way since the 04 Titan. Is this said only to emphasize the newer Titans? Or has Nissan found many problems with the Titans the first go-round?.........
..........Also, what did Nissan do to the Titan from 04 to 05 to increase HP from 305 to 317? I am new to this site and am trying to get a feel for it. I just bought a used Titan (low funds) and cannot wait to explore it's capabilities. I hope to gain much knowledge from this site.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
The HP jumped from 305 to 317 in the 2007 model upgrade. Nissan changed the exhaust to a dual in, single out from the collected (wye) design on the 04-06 trucks. In addition, they opened up the air intake, rounded and smoothed it, and also the VVT is in there somewhere.

Also, the problems of the 04 models have been mostly addressed. Issues with brake judder, rear diffs overheating and failing, various squeaks and rattles, etc. Most have been designed out of it by now.

Welcome to the site. Ask away, and try the search feature. There is a TON of info on here. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
250 Posts
they only thing i really know besides the horsepower they added by exhuast in 07' is they were having a few diff.. problems heating up so in 05' they added an aluminum finned diff cover for better cooling

·
Registered
754 Posts
yeah what part of La you from?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts