Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys,
stats in my sig. looking to add some uca's and some coils for a bit more front lift. i have a ton of rake right now. i see rock auto sells moog coils. are these what i want? reading that some guys say no pr04x just do 08 4x4. i would like to retain my bilstein 4600s as they are about a year old and don't have anymore then 10k miles.

any help appreciated.

thanks
andy

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Hard to tell what amount of lift you will get from just adding 08+ 4wd coils, really depends on how shot the old ones are, since you already have 4wd coils. You might or might not need new UCA's. Unfortunately this is one of those instances where you won't know until you put the coils on. Maybe somebosy that has the same year/setup will chime in.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply. my truck has 109k on the stock springs if that helps?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
or should i just do some 5100s and some new uca's and be done with it? i can only go 3" before i start tearing up cv's right? thinking more about it i'd need to drop to a 1.5 spacer then if i do 5100's or i would be lifting 3.5 and thats to much for cv's?

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
5100's on the middle setting and your 2" spacer would be fine, you would probably have to add a 1" block to the back to keep it level, if you are currently level. Definitely need UCA's with that setup.

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
We have two styles of upper control arms (UCAs) for the Nissan Titan. We have our bushing style which use poly bushings and heavy duty Moog ball joints with grease fittings on all moving points to allow these to be easily serviced. Here is a link to our webstie for more info Nissan Titan Bushing Upper Control Arms

We also have our heim and uniball style which allow for even further alignment adjustment than what the lower arm cam bolts will provide. This is sometimes needed on lifts such as bracket or spindle lifts that throw the alignment way out. Here is a link to our website for more info. Nissan Titan heimed Upper Control arms

Shoot me a PM or email and I can help you out.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for reply. def will be buying some control arms. trying to find info if i can run the moog 81194 in addition to an uca and my 2" spacer to retain my like new 4600's. hoping to gain another inch of height...everyone seems to go to coils and 5100's with no block. i don't really want to buy 5100s if i can get what i want with just coils. anyone have input?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
thanks for reply. def will be buying some control arms. trying to find info if i can run the moog 81194 in addition to an uca and my 2" spacer to retain my like new 4600's. hoping to gain another inch of height...everyone seems to go to coils and 5100's with no block. i don't really want to buy 5100s if i can get what i want with just coils. anyone have input?

I've read that the moog springs are equivalent to the pro4x springs which I have on my 06 4x4 with the bilstein 4600s and the rc 3 inch kit. (2.5 inch kit) the new springs will give you more lift than the 04-07 springs

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Stock springs and rc 3 inch kit ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1460170723.884905.jpg

Pro4x springs with bilstein 4600s and rc 3 inch kit ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1460170828.832560.jpg

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for reply. Do you know how much more lift the springs gave you over stock?

Thanks!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How is the ride after the spring change?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
It feels smoother over pot holes and dips. Having the bilsteins on the truck make it ride great.

And I gained almost an inch over my worn out 06 springs

I have had the new springs and bilsteins on my truck for about 2 months and I will measure my height today now that it's all settled.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
This is the height I'm at ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1460230517.948702.jpg

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for replies. ordered springs and rc end links. excited to get them on!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
following back up on this for anyone else that may be looking for the info. i installed rc uca's and the moog springs. ride is a bit firmer, but still very nice with the 4600's and spacer. i gained 2" of lift from the springs. my truck has 100k on it so i may have had some sag form the stockers. i now have 1/4 diff front to rear. it looks excellent. very happy with the results. anyone that has questions feel free to ask.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts