Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
05 radiator cracked with only 42K

WTF?? i searched and noticed others with the same problem.

the bottom has a 3 inch crack with next to the fitting.

POS dealer will not fix it. Cost me 266.00 + 70 install.

Dealer wanted a lot more.

Why such a crappy radiator in a great truck?

If so many others have had the same problem shouldn't there be some sort of TSB??

My 89 Toyota 4x4 had an all aluminum radiator and it lasted 180K. had one leak in one of the viens which i had them weld shut.

Plastic radiators suck.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
mine cracked around 15k... It was fine for 5k more miles until I got rid of the truck

·
Registered
218 Posts
same problem here at 20000 the dealer screwed around a while and tried to tell me it wasnt leaking, eventually got the manager on the phone and they replaced it

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just found out my radiator cracked at 37,800 and the dealer wants $1100. I asked if they would split the cost with me and they said that the good will was denied. Thankfully I found a radiator shop that will do it for $400. Screw the stealership.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
an 1100 dollar radiator ??? are'nt aftermarket radaitors only like 300 ???

·
Registered
26 Posts
My 05 titan's radiator broke this week with 66,000 miles. I took it to the dealer and had it replaced. The bottom tank broke. Nissan paid 25% of the bill making my cost $493. I also had both of my exhaust manifolds replaced since both were cracked. They were covered by warranty 8yr/80,000miles emission warranty. I also had the rear center seatbelt replaced under the recall done at the same time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My radiator just cracked on the bottom by the fan mount in tha plastic. I have a 2004 with 22700 miles on it. Warranty ran out 2 months ago. If this is happening to (almost) everyone, why won't they recall it???? I called parts to see how much a new one is $544. I called service for a total price, they quoted me around $800. I'm going to pickup a silla with lifetime guarantee tommorrow for $202plus tax tommorrow. Install myself. Just a little more complicated with transmission coolant lines going through it. Anyone have any tips to make replacement easier would be appreciated.

·
Registered
952 Posts
shoe780 said:
My radiator just cracked on the bottom by the fan mount in tha plastic. I have a 2004 with 22700 miles on it. Warranty ran out 2 months ago. If this is happening to (almost) everyone, why won't they recall it???? I called parts to see how much a new one is $544. I called service for a total price, they quoted me around $800. I'm going to pickup a silla with lifetime guarantee tommorrow for $202plus tax tommorrow. Install myself. Just a little more complicated with transmission coolant lines going through it. Anyone have any tips to make replacement easier would be appreciated.
I replaced my own a few weeks ago... Once you get the fan shroud off (2 pieces), take the fan clutch off before removing the radiator, it will make it a lot easier to remove it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2004 Titan with 44,000 miles and the passenger bottom on the inside of the radiator cracked horizontally about 6 inches. From looking at several different sites as well this one, the common thread is this area of the rad cracking. Do you or anyone know how or to who, this can be reported to trigger a recall.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Bad radiators, bad differentials, bad steering racks, bad brakes, a/c water leaks, bad wheel seals. When will this crap stop? I have had all these problems and Nissan still dodging arrows.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My dealer quoted $900 for an aftermarket radiator replacement and said it would be more for OEM. I was there to drop $410 for the transmission coolant line replacement (at 61K miles, but no goodwill coverage) and wound up going to a mechanic for the radiator, $500 installed with lifetime warranty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts