Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody. I really need some help here. I have had the codes P0420 and P1283 showing up on the Titan for almost 6 months now. I have read a lot of threads on these codes, and tried most of everything. I have also taken it to 2 mechanics. Both of them gave me a different diagnosis, and both didn't fix the issue. Just some general info on the Titan: It has JBA long tube headers and catted b-pipes (Both were installed when I bought the Titan over a year ago). I have replaced the cat on bank 1, as well as all of the O2/AF sensors on the truck. I'm at a loss here and I have less than a month for inspection. I have heard about Uprev fixing certain issues, but I don't know anything about tuning. I also do not want to drive over an hour and spend a ton of money for no results. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Tommy

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
You don't need to know anything about tuning to use UpRev. Someone else does the tuning for you. Contact nightowl or seymore4 from Cajun to get you hooked up if you want to go that route.

Reactions: nightowl

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in a similar situation. Initially had the the bank 1 0420 code. removed and replace cat. two weeks later got the bank 2 code, 430 I think. replaced bank 2 cat. removed and replaced all 4 oxygen sensors and am still getting the 420 code. I clear it and it comes back in about 60 miles. need some assistance please. Mine is an 07.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I was getting those same codes with my 180,000 mile plus o5 Titan with flex motor. If they replaced o2 sensors with cheap aftermarket ones, you will get the same codes all over again! Must use premium o2 sensors or factory. I learned that lesson the hard way. I have long tubes with cajun's bpipes catless with resonator.
My 05 two wheel drive kingcab longbed runs decent, showed my tailgate to my neighbor 2010 Dodge Hemi from a rolling 20 mph punch.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Exhaust leaks at the bpipes and header are a big culprit as well. What bpipes are yall using? OEM Nissan bpipes will not work as the cat is behind the rear sensor. Are these trucks Uprev tuned? This is what we need to know in order to help.

·
Premium Member
20,942 Posts
I had the P0420 and as near as I can tell it was a bad catalytic converter in the aftermarket b-pipes. The other side was OK. I ended up replacing both b-pipes and never saw the code again. Getting rid of the leaks can be very challenging. I initially had some leaks that took a while to get right. The JBA LT header flange and the b-pipe flange didn't mate up well. The b-pipes had been on the truck for a good 40,000 miles without any issues at all, so I blame JBA for that problem.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
JBA is pretty much dead on with fitment with very few issues. The 2 bolt flanges Nissan provided us with are the issue. Nissan gaskets are a must and some custom laser cut Cajun flanges the ONLY ones that are a perfect match with Nissan gaskets are a big factor as well.

Cajun flanges left and right, Nissan gasket (top), basic generic 2 bolt flange (bottom)

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts