Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have a 05 King Cab. My dad just bought an 08 King Cab last week and he liked the dark charcoal color of mine more, and I like his silver more.He has kind of decided that he wants to trade,but its going to be alot of work to trade. I have to swap CD Players, Speaker Systems, Exhausts, Wheels, Drop Shackles and all of that. Just wondering if there are any major advantages the 08 has over the 05? I Have heard they are faster. is there any truth to this? Just trying to make a decision. Help me out.

·
Registered
457 Posts
The 08 is going to be faster. They bumped the hp up in 07. If you are still going to pay the same as your 05 that is a heck of a deal, lol.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
dodson914 said:
The 08 is going to be faster. They bumped the hp up in 07. If you are still going to pay the same as your 05 that is a heck of a deal, lol.

I'm not so sure that's true. I know the HP numbers are up a bit but,...after driving the 08s, my 04 is much quicker...at least off the line anyway. I wonder if they F'd with the newer ECUs.

In any event, I wouldn't trade trucks. Way too much work involved.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So they do have more horsepower? yes I would be paying the same..I hate not to go ahead and do it, because I mean the new car smell is killing me every time i get in it. HAH. and I Think I have him talked into just buying me a full system for the 08 if I get it. The 05 just has a magnaflow exhaust. So IDk what to do about it. I dont know which one would look better.

·
Registered
37 Posts
So do i have this straight; you are going to swap trucks with your dad. Your 05 for his 08!!! I would say someone must be on crack, the 08 has a lot more then more HP. Much bigger brakes, bigger rear end, more HP, fresh front end, updated interior, etc. Just checking to see if i have the story down.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Hey, if you dont do it, tell him I will! haha
:cheers:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
norstartitan said:
So do i have this straight; you are going to swap trucks with your dad. Your 05 for his 08!!! I would say someone must be on crack, the 08 has a lot more then more HP. Much bigger brakes, bigger rear end, more HP, fresh front end, updated interior, etc. Just checking to see if i have the story down.
Sounds like a great Dad doing what great Dads do - helping out his kid no matter what it cost him. Two thumbs up to your Father dude!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I say now is the time to also be a great grown up son and tell your dad he deserves the '08 and that when you are ready for the upgrade you will get it on your own. He would not have bought silver if he did not like it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
norstartitan said:

Yes you have it straight! my dad just likes me to have what I want and is always willing to give up what he has to me. I dont think he really realizes that it is that much more advanced. He drives like an hour to work every day, and just doesnt ever really have time to get out and enjoy the ride of the titan so he really doesnt care. He likes my Charcoal color more anyways. At the nissan place he only had 4 options of colors in stock. Silver, Black, White, and Red, and he chose Silver out of them and he really likes my truck. We talked about it today and he said just let him know and we will trade. Also my windows are tinted on my charcoal grey one, and he wants his tinted, so he told me if i get the silver one that he will pay to get em down however I want them. He really supports me in everything I do, including with gifts like that. He just says as long as I keep the grades as A's then everything is fine, and plus I am graduating this year and moving off to college, and he wants me to have a brand new vehicle.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Make the trade... and say thankyou! (I would also let your dad have all the extras you have installed if he wants them) Compared to your 05, the 08 has much better payload, which means if you ever do tow anything big you can have all your friends in your cab and a full bed of stuff. The 08 also has variable valve timing for a better torque and horsepower curve (with a few extra) and bigger brakes. Finally, the 08 will also be worth more now and in couple years, if god forbid, you decide you want something different.

Keep up the good work with the grades and enjoy the trade.. remember to say thank you!!!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
To take advantage of the power off the line you are going to need to do the UPREV thing.

·
Registered
486 Posts
TriKKy said:
To take advantage of the power off the line you are going to need to do the UPREV thing.
Dont know if uprev works on the 08's yet.I have an 07 and you can ask any of the guys that are running for the fastest titan that the 07 and 08 are faster stock for stock.I know thats what the 04-06 say that dont have cams.lol Just might be limited on what you can do with it for now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts