Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I would make this thread for anybody with questions about this set-up, as I have seen it discussed before...

BTW, I also have 1.5" blocks and 325/65R18 Nitto Terra's installed. I've trimmed some of the spring bucket down, but other than that, I've yet to have any UCA contact with everyday street driving... Audible contact anyways... I'm going to closely inspect it soon when I install my Traction bars.

I obviously wouldn't recommend this set-up for off-roading without a UCA upgrade, but as far as looks on the cheap, this is a great way to go IMO.

·
Registered
364 Posts
that looks good man

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
more pictures!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, heres some really bad cell phone pictures...

Just the "Mini Lifit":

4x4 Suspension:

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
The T has a sweet stance with the 4x4 stuff on it! Do you know how much more the front end came up when you added the 4x4 parts?

·
Registered
15 Posts
That looks sweet.......i have a 06 2wd.....i have bilstiens 5100 all around and took off my 2" spacer and put the 08 4x4 coils also. I had to put a 1" block to make it sit right. Still at 39" in front....38" 1/2 rear....those tires look perfect.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the positive comments! I will try to get out there and get some measurements, as I'm curious myself. I can tell the rear is lower but it's much better than the rake I had before. I might be trying a taller block or something, but we'll see... :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I tried to put that 2" spacer back in, but it was tight and i was sitn on the coil bucket. So i bought the coils and the ride is nice. i think i need bigger tires now because your truck looks gooooooood !!!! u have any problem rubbing.......overdrive pulling a hill or on the freeway?

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
If I were you I would keep the truck like it is. It looks good sitting slightly higher in the front. What psi are you running in the nittos?

·
Registered
364 Posts
i agree what stryker said, the only thing you should do it get new UCA's.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I would go with prg upper control arms. It makes alignments much better as well because there is more room to adjust compared to stock.
Also, if you go higher in the back, you might want to consider a carrier bearing drop bracket.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I dont suppose you ever got around to measuring your fender height did you?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just want to see if i got the facts straight...

Your truck is a 2wd and you installed the Stock 08 4x4 struts/springs up front and on top of that added a 2.5" spacer>>? And your not having any coil bucket contact>?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont suppose you ever got around to measuring your fender height did you?
Haha, not yet. I will eventually get off my lazy *** and do it. :teethmast

Just want to see if i got the facts straight...

Your truck is a 2wd and you installed the Stock 08 4x4 struts/springs up front and on top of that added a 2.5" spacer>>? And your not having any coil bucket contact>?
yep. I did grind some of the coil bucket lip down. Mind you I'm not doing any "off-roading", so its all relative to what your driving through. I have taken it down a dirt road that isn't maintained by anyone and didn't seem to have any issues, no erroneous noises at least...

·
Registered
230 Posts
OK, stupid question. As you go up in height, doesn't it put the weight more on the outside of the tires? How do you adjust for that?

I put 3" spacer blocks on the front of mine and noticed the factory tires are wearing on the outside edges. Will hate it if I can't figure it out by the time I get the 35s.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
OK, stupid question. As you go up in height, doesn't it put the weight more on the outside of the tires? How do you adjust for that?

I put 3" spacer blocks on the front of mine and noticed the factory tires are wearing on the outside edges. Will hate it if I can't figure it out by the time I get the 35s.
Get an alignment, that should fix the problem. Any time you lift the truck, you need to get it aligned.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts