Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've been lurking for a long time now doing "research" or so I tell the wife. Would just like to say this is one helluva site you guys have been great for info. It's coming down to crunch time now I've gotten pre-approved from the bank and the wife ( more importantly). Now I have to make a decision, I found an 06 silver No Fear edition with 12k for 29k. Or i can go for the 07 or 08 CC 4x4. I would like to hear some opinions. a little background I plan to put wheels and tires on it a few months after I get it and may do a lift but not 100% sure the only sure thing is I will own a titan very soon. The 06 has the BT package and many extras... not a scratch on it! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
63 Posts
supertitan said:
Get The 07 -08 Better Warranty, As Is Warranty On The No Fear
the no fear only has 12K, everthing should still be under factory warranty. If the No Fear model is loaded, Nav and sunroof, Weld Wheels, that's a pretty good deal at 29..

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
it all comes down to what you like and what you want to spend. If the 06 has everything you want and the price is right go for it.

The 08s are redesigned and have bigger parts that should (hopefully) solve most of the 1st gen problems so you may want to go for one of them... but its all up to you.
good luck with your big decision you will be happy with it no matter what you choose and welcome to TT

·
Registered
9 Posts
Why buy a used one, when you can get a brand new one?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Trux said:
Why buy a used one, when you can get a brand new one?

Lots of people aren't hung up on having a vehicle that no one has ever owned before. I personally would rather have someone else eat thousands of dollars of depreciation just for driving off the lot with it 'new'. Not to mention that usually by the time a vehicle hits 15-20K miles if its a lemon it would be showing up by that point and you can pull the service records to see how often its been in for repairs. With a new one its a roll of the dice, sure you have a warranty, but so do low mileage used ones, and although warranty's are great its still no consolation when your truck is missing for days or weeks while the dealer try's to figure out what's wrong with it.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with buying new, but there are reasons to buy used also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts