Nissan Titan Forum banner

06 Seems to have less power than my 04

1K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  HudsonValleyTitan 
#1 ·
I just got a 06 Titan CC LE 4WD and it seems to have less power than my 04 Titan KC SE 4WD. Any ideas???

#2 ·
My 05 seems the same as my 04....mods excluded. HudsonValleyTitan was talking about something similar, but with an 08

#3 ·
I thought i read somewhere that they changed the programming (ecu?) to make the power delivery "smoother" after 04. Could that be it?

#5 ·
My 07 Armada and my 04 Titan are about the same on take off. As I still have both trucks maybe I should get a friend to do a little drag racing and see if there is a diff in the two trucks. (Off topic)My wifes V8 pathfinder is a beast.

#6 ·
nickster said:
I just got a 06 Titan CC LE 4WD and it seems to have less power than my 04 Titan KC SE 4WD. Any ideas???
My 04 would embarass my 08! I'd be like racing an F-150! WOT doesn't happen right away anymore like the 04s. And if the 08s have more power than the 04s like they claim?....Nissans taken a lying lesson from Ford & Dodge. Engine mapping is WAAAAY off from earlier models now. So if you want a fast Titan, the 04s and 05s are the ones to get. Once up to speed though, the power is there but still....not like the 04s.:crying:

#7 ·
Try telling that to my 2006 Titan??????

My 2006 will blow away my 2005 Titan....but the 06 has more mods.

#8 ·
I'll race my 08 against an 04 if anyone makes it up to the cold up 'nort!

Edited to say - we need less snow on the roads first!

#9 ·
you know I cant really say for sure this is my first titan,but I'd have to say that she is faster than my 74 powerwagon and that truck is fast!its got a 67 340cid in it with all edelbrock performer on it and thorley headers.the only thing is the dodge in 4wd from a dead stop would get a four wheel drift in the dirt if I get on it,I dont think my titan will do that just yet.(havent tried it in that one!)

#11 ·
I just bought my 2008.5 and I my brother-in-law bought my 04 from me, both of them are CC.... I don't have my exhaust yet, but I do have my CAI .... he has the exhaust with a K&N Air Filter and will walk me up and down the 1/4 mile...( I miss my 04). I don't understand, how is this, if from factory I'm suppose to have more HP.

#12 ·
gabriel_1 said:
I just bought my 2008.5 and I my brother-in-law bought my 04 from me, both of them are CC.... I don't have my exhaust yet, but I do have my CAI .... he has the exhaust with a K&N Air Filter and will walk me up and down the 1/4 mile...( I miss my 04). I don't understand, how is this, if from factory I'm suppose to have more HP.
Semper fi Gabriel !!!

0311 - '81-'85...Camp Lejuene/Parris Island

#13 ·
gabriel_1 said:
Probably because you haven't broken her in yet. About 5k miles, my 06 woke up. She's a beast!

#15 ·
My 06' kinda died out. It had a lot of power then at around 21k, it just died. It doesnt pick up like before.

#16 ·
the 04's have similiar WOT to the Armadas.. the power arrives @ 5-14mph. The 05's and later don't WOT till @ 40.. That's the difference.. My friend has an 04 and without any mods he can roast his tires from takeoff.He can also pull my stock 06 @ 2 lengths 0-70.

#17 ·
PAPARYNO said:
the 04's have similiar WOT to the Armadas.. the power arrives @ 5-14mph. The 05's and later don't WOT till @ 40.. That's the difference.. My friend has an 04 and without any mods he can roast his tires from takeoff.He can also pull my stock 06 @ 2 lengths 0-70.
Tell 'em Papa !!! :cheers: :upsidedow

#18 ·
Sounds like something Uprev will cure

#20 ·
HVT, don't forget you now have a heavier truck (LWB) than your 04. Not sure if that is enough to make the difference you are talking about, but it may make some.

#21 ·
2007 TITAN LE said:
HVT, don't forget you now have a heavier truck (LWB) than your 04. Not sure if that is enough to make the difference you are talking about, but it may make some.
It's actually very close to my 04...I was surprised. I did think about that but we're talking about a whole different feel. Not something a couple hundred pounds would do. I'm thinking, as mentioned here, it's an ECU difference too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.