Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a late 90's DeVille. Pulled up next to him not even thinking about racing that boat. LOL Took off normal, which for me is like most trying to provoke a race. It hit about 25 or 30 mph and he's at my door and looks up at me and holds his left arm up as to say C'mon and smiling. I shake my head yes, and he punches it and so do I. To about 70mph he was about 3 back on me. I was actually surprised he kept up with me even that good:) Anyone know what Deville DTS runs? I know it's a kill on a boat of a car but it's still a Cadillac that for it's day was the sought after Caddy.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Not much on drag times. Looks like a stock 97 Deville will run 15.4. So it makes sense that he was three car lengths back. I'm assuming their top end is probably better than ours with the northstar.... Just guessing of course.

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Yep....depending on trim it was either the 275 or 300hp version of the northstar. They are turds out of the hole but pull pretty decent on the top end. Bonneville gxp has one too and I stomped one in black beauty. He was rather pissed his V8 was whooped by a V6...........LOL. Nice kill DS.

Reactions: deerslayer

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
The DTS trim started in 2000, renamed from the Concours trim, and came with 300hp 295lbs ft. This was the performance trim for it's gen, no wonder why the guy challenged you, he probably beat or gave stock/close to stock Titans a run for thier money in the past. Good job Slayer.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
I raced a late 90s caddy 2 door with exhaust and who knows what other mods in my old smoke titan and it gave me a good run for my money. I was half a truck length ahead of it till we hit some curves than I gave up lol too much roll. I was very surprised just like you to see how well it did for being big and older ish. Good kill man.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Good kill man. That was about as fair as a race gets with the other guy asking to race. LOL I too take off at lights kind of hard, which is probably why people think I am always trying to race, but it is not the case, I just hate being part of the pack. I would rather be bus lengths ahead of anything around me.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The DTS trim started in 2000, renamed from the Concours trim, and came with 300hp 295lbs ft. This was the performance trim for it's gen, no wonder why the guy challenged you, he probably beat or gave stock/close to stock Titans a run for thier money in the past. Good job Slayer.
Yea it said dts so I guess it was 2000 or newer. It was pretty quick!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ah, what the heck:

1) street racing is gay and ricer
2) street racing a damned Cadillac Deville makes it even that much more gay.

You're calling out me and Woot as ricers and Paul Walkers of the titantalk forums and you're out there ricer racing against **(*& grandma cars? Wow.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Ah, what the heck:

1) street racing is gay and ricer
2) street racing a damned Cadillac Deville makes it even that much more gay.

You're calling out me and Woot as ricers and Paul Walkers of the titantalk forums and you're out there ricer racing against **(*& grandma cars? Wow.
Troll ALERT!!!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ah, come on. I wish you all health and happiness. It's just that the guy calling me Paul Walker is the one out there racing like Paul Walker.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Deerslayer loves to call people ricers. Now you tell me what's more ricer: A guy in a very nicely maintained and modded Mustang GT who has never raced anyone on the street or a guy in a Titan going around racing grandma cars on the street? Street racing is ricer, sorry. Yet, he wants to call me a ricer. Titan is a great truck and I've been shown that it can be a fast truck. I'm all on board with that. However, street racing a grandma car is ricer. Now I would normally just keep my mouth shut and mind my business, but if I'm going to be called a ricer by someone who acts and drives like a ricer himself, I'll speak out.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I have to give you credit on that one. I hate too but I definately agree with you. I never posted about killing a group of kids in a chevette, some kills are best left out.

Troll ALERT!!!!!!

Deerslayer loves to call people ricers. Now you tell me what's more ricer: A guy in a very nicely maintained and modded Mustang GT who has never raced anyone on the street or a guy in a Titan going around racing grandma cars on the street? Street racing is ricer, sorry. Yet, he wants to call me a ricer. Titan is a great truck and I've been shown that it can be a fast truck. I'm all on board with that. However, street racing a grandma car is ricer. Now I would normally just keep my mouth shut and mind my business, but if I'm going to be called a ricer by someone who acts and drives like a ricer himself, I'll speak out.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Let's not ruin another one of Slayers threads please Thunder, I didn't catch the very end of last thread so I don't know what was said, but we can all leave that behind. Sometimes we gotta just say "ok fug it" instead of always tryin to one up the person (which I'm usually guilty of).

Street racing can be done responsibly, so I wouldn't just say it's ricer. I also like to open er' up every now and then just to feel the power, but barely ever race someone on the street. If I do (couple times a year if that) it's mostly always a set up race, way out in the middle of nowhere very late at night. Last person I raced on the street was my good friend in his modded Jeep GC SRT-8, few couple months ago. Albeit this race wasn't in the same fashion, it doesn't sound like DS was swerving through traffic and nearly causing others to loose controll of thier vehicle either. I've seen videos of guys racing in heavy traffic weaving in and out of multiple lanes around multiple cars on the Altima forums, but never seen any of the regulars here do it.

The guidlines of this forum section does not prohibit street racing stories/videos. Heck, I've even posted up a video of one of my MMA fights in this section. Though this section doesn't condone street racing, it doesn't bar against it and the general consensus is to just be responsible. Which I honestly see no problem with in this thread.

As far as him racing grandmas car, that's really just in the eye
of the beholder. It shure looks like a grandmas car, and does carry that lineage. But this particular model they gave 300hp and nearly the same in tq, so grandmas car has a little firepower to play with. It's not the typical boat with no motor.

This car is what the DTS, STS, and CTS evolved from.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I thought we were being quite friendly in the other lovely thread there at the end. I said something about the fact that I drive my car like an old man (which I do) and deerslayer said I was being sarcastic and told me to kiss his *** or something, I dunno. I bet those Caddy's have a smooth ride. I'll leave this thread alone now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts