Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was driving home last night, my truck died on my. I managed to pull to the side of the road and called AAA and towed it to the dealer. While I was stuck on the road and before calling AAA, I called the Nissan roadside assistance number, which I was told was available to me, when I purchased the vehicle. As it turns out, my truck was never enrolled in such a program and they could not help me......Sales guy was lying bastard and I should have read the contract a bit more carefully :readclose

This morning I was told that the fuel pump had gone out on my truck and that they would be replacing it. My truck has just a little over 30K miles.

From talking to some friends who own Nissan vehicles, it seems that Nissan fuel pump issues are very common.

Have any of you guys had issues with the pump going out so soon?

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
yup, mine phucked up in my '06 at less then 13000 mile mark... the fuel display was stuck at half while the whole time I was on vapors and never knew it... luckily when it died on me I was on the hwy about 75-80 mph with very little traffic so I was able to coast safely to the shoulder...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, exact same thing happened yesterday..... I looked at my guage and it say I had 1/4 tank left.

After it died, i had my friend bring me some fuel just to eliminate the chance that it was just a NO fuel problem....I thought it might have been a faulty gauge.

But nope, still would not start after adding fuel and then my battery died :(

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
I think there was a bad batch / lot of fuel pumps during the '05 1/2 to '06 model builds, since the brake judder fix, they had to throw another wrench into the truck somewhere... but the stealership said that mine was the first they had in for the fuel pump issue... yeah, right...

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
had mine replaced at like 8000 miles the gauge would always read the wrong amount of gas in the tank. 06 kc.

·
Registered
761 Posts
so is this covered under the warrenty? I just bought my Titan and it now has 10300 miles and dont want to already bust open the piggy mod bank for it.

oops.... 06 LE CC

·
Registered
319 Posts
My dad had his fuel pump go out at about 8000 miles on his '06 Armada. Other than these failures, I have never had a fuel pump on any Nissan I have owned, go bad. Both of my Titans thus far are fine, and all other Nissan vehicles my family has owned have been fine. And we have owned many many of them! Sounds like a bad run of pumps like someone said before...

·
Registered
71 Posts
my '04 KC is in the shop as i type this for a new fuel sending unit. my gauge would not read completely full. i'm hoping the units available now are more reliable both in providing an "approximation" of the amount of fuel and fuel to the thirsty engine

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have 37000 miles. I have had three sending units (fuel pumps) and since then have run out of gas with 1/4 still showing on the guage. Once they said the replaced the guage module (?) I am waiting for the other since it happened last night. It was fixed(?) last week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts