Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 06 Titan SE CC 4x2 a year ago next month and got an incredible deal on it because of the rebates and everything. I was thinking about upgrading to an 07 or 08 because I know there have been some significant changes since 06. The 07's have $3500 rebate and the 08's have a $1250 rebate but there is a dealership in Orlando that is doubling the factory rebates. My truck is in great condition with 21,000 miles and I only owe $12,000. My questions to you all are ...
Would you get an 07 or 08?
What significant changes are there between the 06 and 07 and the 07 and 08.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I would let them redue the truck next year and then buy the next years model.Not that much has changed.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
id go buy a 08 pro-4x long bed so you can stand out from the crowd for a few months

·
Registered
264 Posts
The changes are not worth trading in a perfectly good 06 for an 07/08.
Body wise it looks the same, and the HP increase is minimal. I would wait for a major re-design.
If you have the money to burn, then go ahead...but I would be happy with what you have and put the money towards modding your 06 out.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
If you do go through with it, DON'T get the 2007, the only change to speak of is 12 additional horsepower.

The 08's do have some pretty good differences in the interior (different center stack, pro4x package) and a couple of minor exterior changes (different wheels, different grille shape and fog light hole shape), but I don't think its worth trading a 2006 for, maybe a 2004.

·
Registered
330 Posts
jaho1979 said:
If you do go through with it, DON'T get the 2007, the only change to speak of is 12 additional horsepower.

The 08's do have some pretty good differences in the interior (different center stack, pro4x package) and a couple of minor exterior changes (different wheels, different grille shape and fog light hole shape), but I don't think its worth trading a 2006 for, maybe a 2004.
Yeah man I am with ya there. It would not be worth it, because there will always be something bigger and better coming out, so if you are just going to get a new one for the reason that something is newer then you are probably just deluding yourself, and are gonna drive yourself crazy trying to find something that you will be happy with. I have an 07 and I love it. I look back on my purchase with absolutely no regrets. If I HAD to pick something i didnt like it would be gas mileage, but that is just nature of the beast. I think the 08's are going to be bad a$$, but it is not enough to just make me want to switch. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Like another guy on here said just mod the one you have, and make it look the way you want it to. That is what I am doing. I am slowly getting everything I want on my truck, and would rather spend my money there. Plus it would also build more appreciation for what I have, rather than just getting the "latest and greatest".

·
Registered
62 Posts
It seems to me that the only significant differences for the 08 are the long bed and the improved payload capacity. If you haul a lot, or want to tow a 5th wheel, it might make sense to go for the 08.

Trading after a year is a fairly expensive proposition, but you set your own priorities; maybe you've found you'd really like some different options/color etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have an 08 aside from interior and some other things I have heard! I believe there is a change in the rear end? Nissan had stated earlier in the year they would beef up the rear end...?:dunno:

I feel like a fool without taking it apart who knows.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks a lot guys. I just figured, with $7000 off the 07's it was worth looking into. I think I will just wait another year. Maybe they'll end up coming out with the diesel Titan. That would be sweet. I think I'll buy a bike.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
WhiteBoy said:
Thanks a lot guys. I just figured, with $7000 off the 07's it was worth looking into. I think I will just wait another year. Maybe they'll end up coming out with the diesel Titan. That would be sweet. I think I'll buy a bike.
Goooooooooood call! A bike is a good investment. And I agree that the only reason to "upgrade" to a newer year is for a tangible reason. A newer year and a few extra ponies is not sufficient.

Andrew

1 - 13 of 13 Posts