Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 06 Titan has a stock radio with Sat button and Aux button. My previous truck I had installed a after market XM Delph. So I have an XM account but did not want to add the after market radio to the Titan but the dealer tells me I need a converter(???) and it will cost $600.00 - I know there is another way. I use the Aux with my IPod - plug and play - but the Sat button is what I need help with! I will need to have someone install, not my thing, does anyone know who in Texas I can contact??????
Thanks

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
These things are stoopid easy to work on.

If you want to go factory radio, make sure to write down the radio ID number. They(XM) will then activate it on your existing account.

Call XM and tell them you sold the truck and no longer need the service. They offered me a Roadi or Delphi or something for 20 bucks to get me to stay. Wiring it easy and you need to do it yourself.

If you have to do it with either aftermarket or factory and just can't /won't do the install yourself. Pay BB or CC to put it in. They can do this without destroying the truck. But that is about all I would trust them with.

·
Registered
684 Posts
The "converter" mentioned by the dealer is actually a satellite radio which your truck is prewired for. The connector is dangling just above the brake pedal. If your purchased the "converter" plug in into the prewired cable and run the antenna lead you would be good to go. The 'SAT' button works with this radio. Dealer cost is in the $400 range plus installation, so $600 quoted by the dealer would be in the correct ball park.

However, you have an aftermarket radio with account already. I would use that instead of the Nissan satellite radio. You will not use the SAT button, instead you use the AUX position (just as you do with your ipod - the difference is you plug in the satellite radio instead of the ipod). You can obtain switched and constant DC power from the cable referenced above, connect ground to a convenient screw or bolt that goes into the chassis. I put the antenna for my aftermarket radio on top of the rearview mirror using a short piece of double sided tape. Route the antenna lead under the headliner, down the side window post, then to the receiver location.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts