Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the front of the 4wd different than the front of a 2wd.....some one said a snow plow for a 4wd will not fit/:boxing: work on 2wd titan?????

·
Registered
182 Posts
Have you ever tried to plow snow deeper than 1 inch with 2wd? I dont see why anyone would put a plow on a 4x2 truck. :jester:

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
There will be some differences in the way the axle and suspension is set up I would imagine. But yeah - like x2thez said, why would anyone consider a plow on a 2wd?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I just saw a Titan drive by the road the other day with a snow plow on the front of it (it was a 4x4). What kind of plow it was? I haven't the slightest clue. But, it did look very nice.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Isn't it specifically stated in the owner's manual that a snow plow will void the drivetrain warranty????

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
x2thez said:
Have you ever tried to plow snow deeper than 1 inch with 2wd? I dont see why anyone would put a plow on a 4x2 truck. :jester:
I didn't think you could plow snow with a 4x2 either, but here in southern Ohio thier are a lot of 4x2's plowing snow.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
My buddy, a retired master mechanic who owns a 2004 4x2 looked under my 2006 4x4 when I bought it, and said "damn, these are almost the same truck under here, less the axles and transfer case."

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
They can't be the same. The spindles would have to be different because of the different axles. But the basic suspension is probably close with heavier springs/shocks on the 4X4.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The spindles don't have to be different, maybe the hubs but not the spindles...but I'm just guessing, I'm probably wrong but like to be devils advocate. :)

and Sheehy Nissan in Glen Burnie about 2 years ago was selling Titans with a "snow package" that had a plow on it, so if it voids the warranty it's weird they would do that.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
The hubs are actually the same too. Take a look at them the next time you have your front wheels off. They are splined like the 4wd hubs, prolly the same part number. That's how they were on my old 04 2wd at least.........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts