Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting rid of my wife's Ford for a 07 Loded maxima with CVT. Anyone know if they are having any problems? I drove one today and loved the ride. I will check out Maxima forum's but i wanted to see what you guy's thought about them. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
942 Posts
The maxima's are top notch. The CVT is awesome. I have not heard of any problems with the CVT, they get great gas mileage for the power they put out, lots of room. I would love to buy a maxima for my wife, but she likes her Xterra for now....go figure..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,099 Posts
AF-Medic said:
Thinking about getting rid of my wife's Ford for a 07 Loded maxima with CVT. Anyone know if they are having any problems? I drove one today and loved the ride. I will check out Maxima forum's but i wanted to see what you guy's thought about them. Thanks!

I have owned 4 Maxima's in the past and have enjoyed them all. This time I didn't even look at them and jumped into the 07 Infinity G35. There about the same price and if it's in your budget you will not be dissapointed in the performance of the G....
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rear wheel drive gets no action in Alaska with the snow. That would be a death wish here.:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
969 Posts
Compared to the other maximas (1995-2003) they are boats, cheap and ugly interiors and that's about it.

Good cars otherwise. Since you live in AK, anythign there will rust away anyhow. I would pick a used 03 and call it a day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,099 Posts
AF-Medic said:
Rear wheel drive gets no action in Alaska with the snow. That would be a death wish here.:cheers:

OIC I didn't realize your location. And as for the new Max. I really like the new 07 and 08 models. They changed the interior very nice.... IMHO....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gyrate said:
Compared to the other maximas (1995-2003) they are boats, cheap and ugly interiors and that's about it.

Good cars otherwise. Since you live in AK, anythign there will rust away anyhow. I would pick a used 03 and call it a day.
No salt is used on the roads here ( THE NOOSE AND BEARS WOULD LICK IT OFF). Our stuff doesn'r rust anymore than anything else.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
They are nice cars. I personally haven't heard anything bad about them but they have had a couple of 3.5 Altima's needing new engines (including mine) because of bad cats. I know they share the same type of motor just different hp numbers. The CVT is sweet, I got to experience it on a Sentra loaner car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TAFOYA'STITAN said:
get a g35x all wheel drive

Loan me the 45k to buy it.:jester:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
592 Posts
Bought wife a '05 Max. Love it. Heard good things about CVT in the newer maxes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,198 Posts
Have an 06 Max. Been good so far. Looking at a Nismo Z, but am having 2nd thoughts. Max is hers, Titan is mine, and paid off. Hmmmm... maybe a Lexus or Infinity.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
969 Posts
AF-Medic said:
No salt is used on the roads here ( THE NOOSE AND BEARS WOULD LICK IT OFF). Our stuff doesn'r rust anymore than anything else.

I learn something everyday... cool.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
I just traded my 05 Maxima a few weeks ago, I loved the maxima, but I needed something bigger with 4x4 (just got a new dog & house).

My boss just bought an '07 and he thoroughly enjoys it. I almost bought the G35 but the 8000 premium was not what I was looking to pay.

Screw the maxima...buy her a titan!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
I have an 05 Maxima SE slate, with drivers package. I love it, no problems so far except I can't keep my foot out of it. Increadible torque steer never would have thought for a v6. Watch out they will beat the current generation GT Mustang. :) Lots of features I wish the Titan had, I have the auto so can't say anything about the CVT. I need a :smoke: now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Just got back from the dealer and dropped the hammer on an 08 Maxima with CVT. This thing is loaded except nav. I got light grey with balck leather interior. The steering wheel is heated. Makes me wanna take Momma's car now insted of the Mighty Titan. The thing is Pimp. The 08's had a 2k rebate. With my employee discount we walked out the door for 28k. Not bad for a loaded sports car. Cant get a BMW for that. It's Momma's car so now she will leave my truck alone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Sweet deal! Congrats!
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top