Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am impressed with the whole set up on the new 07' There's plenty of power, 12 more hp than what came stock in my 04'. the exhaust note is desent, its a sleeper. I think I wont change a thing in that aspect.
I will probly do the intake, just not shure whats the best for it?
The only reason I'll do the intake is so I dont have to spend 25 bucks on a new filter every time. I'd rather just clean it.
I'm thinking Injen CAI? anybody with it chime in please.
Questions: 1) adding the intake will increase the backpressure right? thats good? 2) Will I need to reset the ECU or have the AIR/VOL calibrated? 3) how about the Throttle Body Mod? will I be adding too much intake without enough exhaust?
Thanks in advance for any help!:upsidedow

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I have an 06, but put on an 07 exhaust system. With the new design, I do think its stronger in the mid range than the old Y-pipe design.

I have an AEM Brute Force intake on the front, and it seems to have picked up good power across the entire rev range. I've also got the 2* timing advance, which helps with any low end loss as a result of the intake.

I do think the 07 exhaust is a good enough system that a new exhaust may not be necessary with a CAI to see good gains.

I have no dyno runs to back that up, just what I am feeling in my truck.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jaho1979 said:
I have an 06, but put on an 07 exhaust system. With the new design, I do think its stronger in the mid range than the old Y-pipe design.

I have an AEM Brute Force intake on the front, and it seems to have picked up good power across the entire rev range. I've also got the 2* timing advance, which helps with any low end loss as a result of the intake.

I do think the 07 exhaust is a good enough system that a new exhaust may not be necessary with a CAI to see good gains.

I have no dyno runs to back that up, just what I am feeling in my truck.
Thanks man helps some. I only have 300 miles on the truck so I'll wait on the timing advance. I did that mod to my 04' and it helped alot, i'm just a little worried about the extra strain on the motor since it has 104k on it. I might try to take it back to stock since the wife is driving it now.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The power band on the 07vvt engine is awesome! Its my new favorite Nissan engine. I want to boost one ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts