Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hopefully P's Titan won't get mad if this isn't in the right place . But, Does anyone else have water dripping from where the driver and passenger side exhaust come together before the muffler . It meets almost in the center of the 07' . There's a pipe clamp but moisture still drips out of there.:dunno:

·
Super Moderator
159,719 Posts
You shouldn't have condensation dripping from anywhere on the exhaust except for the tail pipe. It should not leak.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
ProjectTitan007 said:
Hopefully P's Titan won't get mad if this isn't in the right place . But, Does anyone else have water dripping from where the driver and passenger side exhaust come together before the muffler . It meets almost in the center of the 07' . There's a pipe clamp but moisture still drips out of there.:dunno:

You have an exhaust leak there. Take it in and have them weld it, or replace that clamp with a stainless band clamp.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So is there supposed to be moisture in there ?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
ProjectTitan007 said:
So is there supposed to be moisture in there ?

Yes, it's condensation caused by the hot exhaust gas flowing through a cool pipe.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
P's Titan said:
nice first line there buddy :)
I'm glad you took it the way I meant it . I know your just helping out the new people till' they get hair on they're peaches..

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember weep holes built into the exhaust. I'll check mine later (it's in the garage), so this might not be an issue, granted mine is an '04.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sammy Sandbag said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember weep holes built into the exhaust. I'll check mine later (it's in the garage), so this might not be an issue, granted mine is an '04.
If that's true. It's designed to let whatever moisture builds up escape.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
ProjectTitan007 said:
If that's true. It's designed to let whatever moisture builds up escape.
I don't know how the 04 was setup, but I do know my 05 has no weep holes or condensation leaks anywhere other than the end of the tailpipe.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does anyone know where the moisture comes from . I would think the heat from exhaust would evaporate the water.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
With that question, I'm done with this thread.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sudden urge said:
With that question, I'm done with this thread.
Why is that ? That was a legitimate question . My truck will drip after it's shut off even after I've driven it for a while. Do you guys know something I don't . Was asking where the moisture is coming from a stupid question?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ProjectTitan007 said:
Why is that ? That was a legitimate question . My truck will drip after it's shut off even after I've driven it for a while. Do you guys know something I don't . Was asking where the moisture is coming from a stupid question?
Ok I see what happened your answer slipped in the middle of all these other things . Sorry Sudden Urge I didn't see it my bad .

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
It will only drip from exhaust condensation for the first few minutes. If you're seeing a drip after running it for an hour, it's from the air conditioner, not the exhaust.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's not in the front of the engine compartment it's from where the exhaust comes together. Or does the A/C somehow drain to there as well.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I believe the A/C drain is on the passenger side engine firewall area. I'm not positive on that but pretty sure.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts