Nissan Titan Forum banner

07' Titan Exhaust?

2K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  Not_Important 
#1 · (Edited)
Hopefully P's Titan won't get mad if this isn't in the right place . But, Does anyone else have water dripping from where the driver and passenger side exhaust come together before the muffler . It meets almost in the center of the 07' . There's a pipe clamp but moisture still drips out of there.:dunno:

#2 ·
You shouldn't have condensation dripping from anywhere on the exhaust except for the tail pipe. It should not leak.

#3 ·
ProjectTitan007 said:
Hopefully P's Titan won't get mad if this isn't in the right place . But, Does anyone else have water dripping from where the driver and passenger side exhaust come together before the muffler . It meets almost in the center of the 07' . There's a pipe clamp but moisture still drips out of there.:dunno:

You have an exhaust leak there. Take it in and have them weld it, or replace that clamp with a stainless band clamp.

#4 ·
So is there supposed to be moisture in there ?

#5 ·
ProjectTitan007 said:
So is there supposed to be moisture in there ?

Yes, it's condensation caused by the hot exhaust gas flowing through a cool pipe.

#8 ·
P's Titan said:
nice first line there buddy :)
I'm glad you took it the way I meant it . I know your just helping out the new people till' they get hair on they're peaches..

#12 ·
Sammy Sandbag said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember weep holes built into the exhaust. I'll check mine later (it's in the garage), so this might not be an issue, granted mine is an '04.
If that's true. It's designed to let whatever moisture builds up escape.

#13 ·
ProjectTitan007 said:
If that's true. It's designed to let whatever moisture builds up escape.
I don't know how the 04 was setup, but I do know my 05 has no weep holes or condensation leaks anywhere other than the end of the tailpipe.

#14 ·
Does anyone know where the moisture comes from . I would think the heat from exhaust would evaporate the water.

#15 ·
With that question, I'm done with this thread.

#16 ·
sudden urge said:
With that question, I'm done with this thread.
Why is that ? That was a legitimate question . My truck will drip after it's shut off even after I've driven it for a while. Do you guys know something I don't . Was asking where the moisture is coming from a stupid question?

#17 ·
ProjectTitan007 said:
Why is that ? That was a legitimate question . My truck will drip after it's shut off even after I've driven it for a while. Do you guys know something I don't . Was asking where the moisture is coming from a stupid question?
Ok I see what happened your answer slipped in the middle of all these other things . Sorry Sudden Urge I didn't see it my bad .

#18 ·
It will only drip from exhaust condensation for the first few minutes. If you're seeing a drip after running it for an hour, it's from the air conditioner, not the exhaust.

#19 ·
It's not in the front of the engine compartment it's from where the exhaust comes together. Or does the A/C somehow drain to there as well.

#20 ·
I believe the A/C drain is on the passenger side engine firewall area. I'm not positive on that but pretty sure.

#21 ·
I'll have to track someone down and look at their truck . When I noticed it I got under and looked right at it . It's the slip fitting where the to come together. Maybe I'll do like you said before and have it welded up. I just didn't want water sitting in there .

#22 ·
Just the other day I was washing my truck and noticed water dripping from the exhaust pipe off of one of those claps after the Y-pipe. I have the Banks. I told myself it was water from me washing it but I didn't see how water could there from body. Should investigate this further?

#24 ·
Water, believe it or not is a byproduct of your engine's combustion. That's why when it's really cold outside, you SEE the exhaust pouring out of everyone's tailpipe after they first start up. What you're really seeing is steam.

#26 ·
There is a 3mm hole on the main muffler assembly to allow built up condensation to escape. Nissan's specs require the muffler design to still work even if 50% of the muffler volume is filled with condensate. Every silencer assembly must have a drain hole and the design must allow for a minimum of 2% slope to allow the condensation to pool near the drain hole.

Every connection, flanged and non-flanged, will have some condensate escape during expansion and contraction cycles. Moisture will collect at drip points and if the base material is steel, you have a likelihood of rust spots on your floor as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.