Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call me crazy, but I got a magnaflow muffler put on last week and urgh didn't like the 1600-2000 rpm drone. One week later and the drone is either gone or I'm getting use to it??? With that said, I went to lunch with a few clients and I asked if they thought the exhaust was loud, they both said no....Dunno, I'm wondering if my air/gas ratio is changing from my ecu and causing my exhaust to quiet up?????? Anyone else notice this on their trucks? Or could this be my VVT????:huh:

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Titanequipped said:
Call me crazy, but I got a magnaflow muffler put on last week and urgh didn't like the 1600-2000 rpm drone. One week later and the drone is either gone or I'm getting use to it??? With that said, I went to lunch with a few clients and I asked if they thought the exhaust was loud, they both said no....Dunno, I'm wondering if my air/gas ratio is changing from my ecu and causing my exhaust to quiet up?????? Anyone else notice this on their trucks? Or could this be my VVT????:huh:

It changes some after a breakin period. The first day I thought the drone was obscene at 70 mph. After I changed clamps, because of air leaks, the drone dropped 20%. Then it was within tolerable limits. If you're in the passenger seat or backseat, the drone is noticeably decreased, don't ask me why...lol. I finally found the perfect balance after removing 12" of tailpipe. Total drone reduction after new clamps and shorter tailpipe was easily 50%.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts