Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this notice on the mail last week and had the work done yesterday. According to the letter the blades on the cooling fan was facing the wrong way or inverted. So it prevents proper cooling when the AC is on. Kind a weird that they manufactured the cooling fan like that. Makes you wonder how the hell they found out about it. LOL! Anyways, anyone else in here got this thing done?

·
Registered
143 Posts
No, I haven't gotten anything from Nissan . But I do wonder about My fan .
It's never once come on to My knowledge . Is there a temp. threshold ,or setting that causes it to activate ?
If this is a thread Hijack, sorry .

·
Registered
511 Posts
INteresting, while towing up a long grade, I got an unusually loud fan noise for short period of time. I had no spike in temps, is the fan viscous coupled??

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got my notice a few weeks ago, and made the appointment. The notice said something like "about an hour." When I got there, they said it would take 3 hours, so I didn't stay and haven't resecheduled yet. Does it really take 3 hours?

·
Registered
97 Posts
glennp_1999 said:
I got this notice on the mail last week and had the work done yesterday. According to the letter the blades on the cooling fan was facing the wrong way or inverted. So it prevents proper cooling when the AC is on. Kind a weird that they manufactured the cooling fan like that. Makes you wonder how the hell they found out about it. LOL! Anyways, anyone else in here got this thing done?
Can you tell if theres any kind of a difference after you got it done. I got the notice a couple of weeks back but don't have the time to drop my truck off. Plus I'm kind of weary having other people including the dealership work on my truck. Never had any problems either with a/c or fan, especially here in Vegas.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Mine is in right now for this and waiting for the part. From what I am told that they either change some wiring or the entire assembly, depending on VIN. Mine is the whole assembly.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Actually there was originally nothing wrong with the fan or motor,the problem was that is was wired to spin backward rendering it useless.If the truck has over 200 miles on it,the fan and motor get replaced,if under 200 miles it gets a new jumper harness reversing the polarity to spin it the other way.
You will notice a huge difference while running the AC while stopped.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
rjterpstra said:
I Does it really take 3 hours?
I was out in less than 90 minutes.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rjterpstra said:
I got my notice a few weeks ago, and made the appointment. The notice said something like "about an hour." When I got there, they said it would take 3 hours, so I didn't stay and haven't resecheduled yet. Does it really take 3 hours?

It took about an hour.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I got this done last week but can't say that I notice a difference although I am sure that this is something that needs to be done.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I haven't received anything. Can't say I've noticed anything odd either.

·
Registered
725 Posts
same here...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To be honest I can't tell any difference before and after the fix. I'm just glad it's done and hope that it will work properly from here on.

·
Registered
268 Posts
It is a wiring issue that causes the condenser fan to run in reverse.
Mine was taken care of yesterday. Took all of one hour. Make an appointment, so thay are expecting you. This does cut your wait time, or at least it does at the dealer I use.
Even got a oil change.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2006 SE 4X4 OR BT with 10K miles. This summer in NW Montana, the temp has averaged over 90-degrees every day. so, needless to say, the AC has been working overtime. In the last two weeks, the auxillary electric fan has been coming on when stopped in traffic. When it comes on, it sounds like a 747 winding up for takeoff! I took my Titan to the dealer and they agreed it was not a normal sound.....the fan and harness will be replaced under warranty. It least it was not blowing forward!:)

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
MuskyHunter said:
Mine is in right now for this and waiting for the part. From what I am told that they either change some wiring or the entire assembly, depending on VIN. Mine is the whole assembly.
I got mine back and I too didn't notice a difference. They replaced the entire assembly for me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I havent gotten a recall on mine. My truck was built in March 07, is mine effected? I do notice the A/C not being as cold when sittin still and have notuiced since I bought the truck

1 - 20 of 27 Posts