Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I'm new to this forum and new to the Titan world. Love the truck, have the baseline model with 82k, just got it a week ago for $9,800. I want to get the best bang out of my buck, it has way more power than I need, and am looking at best gas savings mods including a tunable "chip." Gas savings may include non motor mods if you know of any. I was curious to know how the "tow package" works after you tune or piggyback the ecu. Does it overwrite, or modify current maps? Are you best of with a exhaust temp sensor or without? I would like to tune the sensitivity of the throttle it tends to be very sensitive the the lightest pressure. On the fly maps are not neccessary but would be nice for the chode at the light that thinks he's a bad-axe. What are your ideas, and what kind of results have you had? Thanks!

·
Registered
14,140 Posts
bully dog and superchips are programmers for titans. there are no chips. I dont know if you can program on the go with titans. And ya, they have tow and econo. modes.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
UpRev custom tuning will give you a gas-saving map, along with a drag map for those light-to-light skirmishes.
And you can switch between them with your existing cruise control buttons.

·
Premium Member
21,144 Posts
My Uprev economy map doesn't seem to give me any benefit. The 89 performance map seems to do just about the same as far as MPG goes.

·
Registered
54 Posts
dangit! you guys are lucky there's tuning for a Titan. There ain't chit for a 1 gen Tundra

1 - 5 of 5 Posts