Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, guys trying to get some information. I have a buddy at work that wants to run his Ody against my Titan in the 1/8. I've heard these Ody's are quick off the line. Does anyone know if I can take him in the 1/8? I'm pretty sure I would eat his lunch in the 1/4, just not for sure about the 1/8.

Thanks for any input....................

·
Registered
126 Posts
Know before you go!!! It would be pretty embarassing for our Titan to fall to a friggin' minivan!

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Why is this post in War Stories?? Please!!!!:rofl:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wasn't for sure where to put it.........

No Joke, I'm starting to get a little worried. I keep hearing about this d*** minivan and not for sure if I want to risk it or not.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Good07SE said:
Wasn't for sure where to put it.........

No Joke, I'm starting to get a little worried. I keep hearing about this d*** minivan and not for sure if I want to risk it or not.
Anytime you're feeling froggy is my motto. Race him for the fun of it and you can't loose. Real men will race anything anytime, just for the heck of it, so be a man and race him. By the way, if he kicks your butt, I don't know you, lol.
:banasex0r

·
Registered
271 Posts
If he beats you, ask him to have a tug off. I hear our Titans beat 2500 HDs with Allison trannys. :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
I dont know much about the Honda, but I see a lot of Toyota Sienna's driving fast on the freeways around here. I guess they think they must be fast? Ill be driving down the freeway, and have one come up behind me doing 80-90 and trying to pass. I usually let them, then eventually, I sneek up and blast the Banks into their drivers side window. Some try to keep up, but I always put the pedal to the metal and let them try to keep up, they always fail. Maybe they feel insecure in their grocery getter mini vans?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, it's on for next Tuesday. I'll let you guys know how it goes. I'm not to worried about it. I don't think it's got it in it to take on the V8. Let's just hope my first time at the track is worth mentioning. Thanks for all the info.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Those minivans feel very peppy but have awefull topend. You'll kick his *ss!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would do this: Put 350 to 500 lbs in the very back of the Truck. Like several bags of cement mix. (80 lb bags). At the line hold the brakes and give the motor just enough power to keep from moving keep it in 2nd cause you probably won't see 3rd anyways. at the light mat it and release the brakes. you should take off pretty fast without spining a tire. he won't come close to catching you. (with out the weight the Titan will sit and spin for a sec or so and he'll get ahead of you) My .02

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Below is a G-tech run I pulled off a Honda Ody forum. http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13750

The first two runs are a 2002 Ody 3.5 V-6 without a tornado, yes I said tornado, lol, and the second with a tornado. What's funny is with the T, it's appears to have gained some power, lol.

Edit: In case the image goes down again, best time out of four runs: 0 to 60 = 7.01
1/8 = 10.02 @ 74.6 mph
1/4 = 15.41 @ 92.1 mph

The ET's on the G's are usually within 1/100th of a sec accurate, mine was when I ran at the track but the mph is usually a bit fast.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
You will beat it pretty bad. I smoke my wifes seinna. And it almost has as much pep as the honda.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Yeah, this is kinda funny talking about running a mini van. I got dusted by one in my old 95 cheby truck back in my less responsible days, and was scarred for life.:eeeek: :jester:

·
Registered
302 Posts
You will smoke it.;) According to Car & Driver during there 05 mini van test.The Odyssey went 0-60 in 8.6 sec. And the 1/4 mile in 16.5 sec.That makes it even slower than the Honda Ridgeline.0-60 in 8.0 and 1/4 mi. in 16.2

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Finnattic said:
Yeah, this is kinda funny talking about running a mini van. I got dusted by one in my old 95 cheby truck back in my less responsible days, and was scarred for life.:eeeek: :jester:
I now, officially don't know you, lol. Mini vans, school busses, I've raced them all, lol. It just seems like the right people never want to fool around so I say race what you can when you can.

:imwithstu

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Papa_D said:
I now, officially don't know you, lol. Mini vans, school busses, I've raced them all, lol. It just seems like the right people never want to fool around so I say race what you can when you can.

:imwithstu

Lol, school bus, I think you take the mustard with that one, hope you at least won, lol. My racing aspirations were changed forever one night after I got a little too ambitious racing an unmarked police narcotics Dodge Intrepid, not once but two separate times.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-general-discussion/20369-my-first-race-w-unmarked-police-car.html

The Titan took em both times but lets just say I was the real loser on that one, other than getting just a warning.

When he finally caught up to me at a red light, he put his lights on, smiled at me and said, ""You better slow that machine down son. DAMM, Your about too get written HARD. DAMM."
He turned his lights off and went about his way. Must have been quiting time or the Marine plates and the like on my truck that helped me out, or just plain dumbazz luck. I about sh!t my pants. Lesson learned!!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts