Nissan Titan Forum banner

07 TITAN with no heat

4K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  klouder 
#1 ·
I read some of the threads regarding the "NO HEAT" but no one posted the FIX.

What is the fix?

I just bought one and now I have no heat. Truck warms up fine (gauge goes to normal) but no heat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
:bump:

#3 ·
I think you top off your coolant levels, but be care you can blow out your radiator easily like I did.

#8 ·
Any pictures of the heater control valve?

#9 ·
#11 ·
I never did replace the incorrect valve i used to replace the broken valve.
Have not noticed any down sides to just manually opening it.

So save yourself $100, put the cap back on it, with turned open, and throw away that 'double geared plastic piece of junk stick' -- or it will forever remind you that your truck isn't 100%.

Horrible design.

#10 ·
Its still 100* where I live. I don't think I will have to use my heater this year .

#12 ·
My '07 is doing the same thing. No heat. If I turn the heat all the way to cold, leave it a second, then turn all the way to hot, it SOMETIMES results in heat.

My questions:
-What does the shaft connected to the gears do?
-If I remove the shaft, can I still have control of the heat/AC from the cab?

#13 ·
The shaft connects the electric motor gear to the valve gear. Ie motor opens the valve.

Yes you still ccontrol the heat. We might be loosing some AC efficiency as the heater core in the dash is still circulating hot water thru it.

#14 ·
Dustinm, I have the same issue exactly! I replaced the heater control valve and still have the problem! The valve is not opening, the hose is hot on one side of the valve but not the other, I checked to see if there is power getting to it and there is not. Any suggestions??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.