Nissan Titan Forum banner

07 vs 08

2K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  mwippern 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Firstly - I just test drove a Titan.... AWESOME!! I want one !!!

I am looking at a 2 Nissan Titans. Both are brand new and are sitting on dealer's lots. Both are LE's. One is an '07 and the other an '08.

What I wanted to know, is, did Nissan make any important changes to the 08 Titan from it's predecessor?

Thanks
Marc

#2 ·
There Is Not Much Difference From The Two Other Than Cosmetic. The Headlight Design Is Slightly Different (same Size), The Bumper Where Fog Lights Are Is A Different, And The Bed Is Longer. Interior Is About The Same From What I Saw. As Far As Performance Nothing Has Changed. I Went Through The Same Thing At The Dealership Ended Up Getting The 08.

Good Luck

#4 ·
As long as you like both of them, I'd play hardball on the 07. The dealer needs to move them and should discount it pretty well over the 08.

#5 · (Edited)
Yes two that I know of on the 08

1. much larger brakes
"08 Titans get increased front rotor and caliper sizes across all models. 13.8 X 1.2” rotors take the place of 12.6 X 1.0” fronts that were offered on the ’06-07 models. These new brakes won’t easily be retrofitted to older models due to increased bearing and seal sizes. Master cylinder changes are also on tap for non-VDC models as well. Rear brake sizes remain the same. The ‘08 Titans actual swept area exceeds that of the new Tundra."
2. Increased Payload capacity

#9 ·
I would go 08. I know friends whose differential is failing on their 07 and their brakes are smaller than the 08. The 08 ads say the axles have been upgraded so maybe Nissan has fixed the problem that dont exist, at least according to them. Good luck!

#10 ·
Thanks for all that information.

The 08 does come with 20"s as opposed to 18"s on the 07, I guess that is a result of the larger brakes on the 08.

Also the 08 seems to have a nice wood trim, which did not seem to be available on the 07.

Decisions... decisions... :)

#15 ·
The biggest different is the 08's have the updated interior, beefed up rear axle, and the biggest improvement....bigger brakes 13.8 inch rotors compared to our 12 inch rotors. The 07 introduced the variable valve timing that carries into the newer models.

#16 ·
like everyone said there isn't too many differences from the 07 and 08. i have and 08 and 3 days after my friend got an 07. we drove each others truck and there wasn't many differences in performance. the main difference to me was mainly cosmetics ( front grille, headlights, interior, ). both of our trucks are SE models so he has chrome door handles, which the 08 models don't have chome standard. which i didn't care because i rather have it black. and it wouldn't matter to you since your looking at a LE model. everthing else is pretty much the same, other than brakes and payload. the only thing about the 08's, so far there aren't many mods besides intake and exhaust out there yet. also from what i red in the forums, installing an aftermarket head unit is impossilbe without making the a/c controls shut off. but mods will happen in time just be patient. no matter what year you choose its still a great truck, and your gonna be happy with it. i love the titan, and i'm glad i bought this truck over the Crewmax.:cool: ....go with and 08

#17 ·
Since you did not say what you are going to use the truck for it may just come down to personal preference. For us the larger brakes on the 08 were manditory. Hopefully this will end the brake judder issue that has plagued many Titan owners over the years. The new interior color and material are much improved in my opinion, as is the inst cluster.
Go back and really look them over. You will see the differences and that may help you decide.
Either one shoud make you happy.

#18 ·
robscar said:
Since you did not say what you are going to use the truck for it may just come down to personal preference. For us the larger brakes on the 08 were manditory. Hopefully this will end the brake judder issue that has plagued many Titan owners over the years. The new interior color and material are much improved in my opinion, as is the inst cluster.
Go back and really look them over. You will see the differences and that may help you decide.
Either one shoud make you happy.
Good point robscar. I don't own a nice big boat :( The most I tow is 2 motorbikes. Are the brakes something that make a difference in day to day driving? or are they something that you really only notice when you start towing large loads?

As for the interiors, I like the 08's wood trim, but I like the way the 07's brushed aluminum looks as well.

I think as earlier suggested I am going to try to give the dealer a real good beatdown for the '07. Thanks to all for given a "not yet" Titan owner some great advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.