Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering if my new truck has had body work done to it?
on my 04' the pillars are black plastic, which seems better than painted since this is where i grab to shut the door.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sammy Sandbag said:
All Titans have black vinyl on the B pillar.
All of them but mine? do you have an 07?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I saw that after I replied, do you think I have a legitimate reason to be pissed? i also noticed that my rear end seems to be a little off. looking at the distance the tires stick out compared to the mud flaps, the right side (passenger) sticks out about an inch further.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have an 07' and they're the black vinyl.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ProjectTitan007 said:
I have an 07' and they're the black vinyl.
thanks Project, I think I'll take this thing back to the dealership. I wanted to buy a NEW truck not a recently wrecked and fixed truck.
also the paint job looks like an orange peal, hows yours?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Is this a new truck or the 2004 .

·
Registered
514 Posts
I wouldn't say it's smooth as a baby's *** but it's not orange peel.

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
Yeah, I'm not following. I looked at the photos of your truck in the gallery, and the pillars look normal. The KC has plastic on the front edge of the suicide door and black vinyl on the front doors where they meet the B pillar. That is normal.

EDIT: I'm guessing you have a new truck. I was just basing my comments on your sig and photos. Do you have any picts of the new truck? Also, the vinyl could have been removed, not that uncommon.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I think he bought a new truck or what he thought was a new truck.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sammy I posted yesterday about my new 07' Majestic blue.
its definitly been worked on from what I see. I'm pissed
go to my cardomain site in my signature.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i can definitly see a line where the vinyle would have ended at the top of the door.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ProjectTitan007 said:
I think he bought a new truck or what he thought was a new truck.
it only had 25 miles on it, how could this happen? supposably the truck was driven up that 25 because it was not on the lot where I bought it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
How many miles on the 07'. Nevermind then ! : - )

·
Registered
514 Posts
Even if taking the vinyl off is common, it's pretty new to be messed with.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Yeah, look like your door pillar is color match instead of the black vinyl tape. Kinda look good but also kinda weird that it didn't come with the black vinyl. I know on some Armada, especially the black one, they are color match. Also I don't think they just peel off the tape cause the paint underneath is all scruffed up, at least mine was.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628986

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ProjectTitan007 said:
How many miles on the 07'. Nevermind then ! : - )
why nevermind? 34k for a BRAND NEW truck! the rear end could be out of alignment because of a side impact.

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
Unless that is something they've just begun, I've never heard of it with the Titans. I had to remove my vinyl due to a rip, and the paint is scuffed underneath. I replaced with some aftermarket panels.

This does seem odd given the miles you have. And was it bought "new" or was it a used truck with only 25 miles?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
My new 07 CC has orange peel.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts