Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the near future I'll be ordering a level kit for the Titan and want to use the newer coils. Does anyone have the part number handy?

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
08 springs54010-ZR41A is the pro4x

thats for the pro spring....which is very stiff. i dont know what happened to my normal 08 spring part number.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! Now I just need to find a few threads to see which one is perferred.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Thanks guys! Now I just need to find a few threads to see which one is perferred.
The standard 4x4 coils work better. The Pro4x coils are much stiffer and will result in a stiffer ride.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just found a handful of threads that said said the same thing. I think I'll satay away from the ProX's. Best price I've found for the 08's is $58.14, which is cheaper than I had expected.

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
ya that sounds right. i paid like 120 for 2 through fontana.

·
Registered
113 Posts
anybody run the pro 4x coils on a set of 5100 bilsteins. i'm lookin to lift the front of my truck, as i'm running stock 05 coils in the +1inch setting and when i Lift the plow the front end saggs too much.

does anyone think i'll need upper control arms to run the pro4x coils with bilsteins set in the middle 1inch lift position??

·
Registered
223 Posts
anybody run the pro 4x coils on a set of 5100 bilsteins. i'm lookin to lift the front of my truck, as i'm running stock 05 coils in the +1inch setting and when i Lift the plow the front end saggs too much.

does anyone think i'll need upper control arms to run the pro4x coils with bilsteins set in the middle 1inch lift position??
I'm running Pro4x coils with 1.5" spacer and 5100s on lowest setting; I ended up having to grind lip off of coil bucket and get RC UCAs. For your's you'll probably need to grind the lip at the very least.

·
Registered
113 Posts
thanks for info man I had no idea RC made upper control arms, I thought I was going to have to buy $600+ PRG uppers. You the man.

by any chance do you have a pic of what/where on the coil bucket you did the grinding.

·
Registered
223 Posts
thanks for info man I had no idea RC made upper control arms, I thought I was going to have to buy $600+ PRG uppers. You the man.

by any chance do you have a pic of what/where on the coil bucket you did the grinding.
No pic of the coil bucket grinding, but here's a pic of my RC UCAs. (got them for $179+shipping) You can kinda see where I grinded it on the left side. I then spray painted with high temp flat black paint.
RC UCAs.jpg

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hey all, sorry to Hijack the thread but i am trying to find some info. and from what I have found on this site is that the '08+ springs will give me 2 inches of lift. Is this true? Do the Pro-4X spring provide the same but with a stiffer ride? One more Question, are the bilsteins that everyone is using just regular 5100's, and were can I buy all this stuff on the cheap? Thanks again and sorry for the hijack.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hey all, sorry to Hijack the thread but i am trying to find some info. and from what I have found on this site is that the '08+ springs will give me 2 inches of lift. Is this true? Do the Pro-4X spring provide the same but with a stiffer ride? One more Question, are the bilsteins that everyone is using just regular 5100's, and were can I buy all this stuff on the cheap? Thanks again and sorry for the hijack.
With what I have, I calculate that the Pro4x springs gave me about an inch over my stock '07 4WD springs. I sit at 40.5" up front which is about 3" higher than stock for a 4WD crew cab. (1.5" spacer, 0.5" for 5100 schock length, leaves about an inch from the coils) Yes, they are stiffer than my old stock ones. But since you already have a 6" lift, not sure if they would provide any additional lift. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Hey all, sorry to Hijack the thread but i am trying to find some info. and from what I have found on this site is that the '08+ springs will give me 2 inches of lift.
Your 05 4x4 springs are 14" inches long uncompressed new. 08 4x4 springs are 15" inches long and I gained about an inch of lift with those springs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts