Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a Bully dog GT and a AEM CAI to my truck. These are the only mods I plan on putting on my Titan. I have heard the 08' and up exhaust is pretty darn decent. Can I just leave the exhaust alone or will I benefit from adding a Magnaflow muffler to the stock exhaust? Thanks in advance !!:eyebrow:

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Go with a 18" magna. It will let it exhale better & it sounds great.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go with a 18" magna. It will let it exhale better & it sounds great.
The stock pipes are ok then just need the muffler correct ? Where is the best place to buy a Magnaflow ?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
:redblob" DUDE i would check out any performance muffler shop or sumthing..i know here in okc magnaflows and flowmaster mufflers alone are like 75-100 bukks....:bump: im about to get custom exhaust shizz done on my 08' with magnaflow muffler and pipes with 3 in tip for $$350$$

·
Registered
61 Posts
I know a lot of guys on here like the Magnaflow mufflers, but I do not like their sound. I really do not like loud much either. If I were going with a straight through design I think the BanksMonster sounds best. The Dynomax (Ultra I believe) sounds pretty good too.

If I'm not mistaken the 07+ have dual in mufflers. If you are not out for max power I would consider the dual in single out Flowmaster 70 series.

Some guys say the Flowmaster 2.25-3 Y into a single in single out muffler makes the best torque so the "best" design is in the air. When I do my 05 I'm thinking about going with 2.25 pipes all the way back to a dual in Flowmaster 70 and dumping the 3 inch single before the rear tire, or maybe after the tire.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
:redblob" DUDE i would check out any performance muffler shop or sumthing..i know here in okc magnaflows and flowmaster mufflers alone are like 75-100 bukks....:bump: im about to get custom exhaust shizz done on my 08' with magnaflow muffler and pipes with 3 in tip for $$350$$
Not to tread jack but where you getting it done at I'm on tinker right now and I live three miles from base.... Pm me if need be...

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Dang, a lot of Tinker folks on here.

I'm also on Tinker.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
:teethmast
Not to tread jack but where you getting it done at I'm on tinker right now and I live three miles from base.... Pm me if need be...

:bump:i called "Performance Muffler" up in NOrman..theyre on Gray St. sum other guys on TAFB referred me to them along with the guys from auto accessories unlimited... its gunna be like $360 out the door and done in an hour the guy said...Also "CHAMPION Muffler" on Air Depot will hook u up with flow masters or magnaflows for $430 out the door...hope i helped!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I wish I was back home in AZ!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
not advertising for them, just telling my story.. I have a 2008.5... bought my 18" magnaflow from ******* industries.. paid like $90.. its just the muffler, but the stock pipes are good... had a local muffler swap install for $45.. So Stillen CAI, Magnaflow muffler swap, and bullydog gt. I am very happy with the results for the amount of money spent. If you don't want a loud exhaust, go with the 22" muffler swap. hope this help.

Reactions: Southside1983

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Some guys say the Flowmaster 2.25-3 Y into a single in single out muffler makes the best torque so the "best" design is in the air. When I do my 05 I'm thinking about going with 2.25 pipes all the way back to a dual in Flowmaster 70 and dumping the 3 inch single before the rear tire, or maybe after the tire.
StratMan,
We offer a complete (including the muffler) 409S Stainless Steel bolt-in kit (PN:817485) for your truck with everything you need. It already includes the 70- Series muffler and polished tips that side-exit behind the rear tires with 2.5” pipe.

Here’s the dyno sheet results when we ran our tests on a stock Titan:
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/dynopdf/817485_Dyno.pdf

1 - 12 of 12 Posts