Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was building titans on www.nissanusa.com when i noticed that this year ( might have over looked it last year) you can get the base model "XE" with the toy package.. This is what it says and its only $250.

XE: $250
Class IV receiver hitch
Additional 7-pin wiring harness plug
Trailer brake controller pre-wiring under instrument panel
Heavy-duty battery (710 CCA)
Lower final gear ratio (3.36:1); similar to 4.10:1 on a 4-speed automatic
Extendable tow mirrors (N/A on XE)
Transmission temperature gauge
Increased tow capacity

Now i was under the impression that the "base" trucks couldnt tow what the "big tow packages" do, so i exited out that and built a LE... this is what it says:

LE: $450.00
Tow Package
Class IV receiver hitch
Additional 7-pin wiring harness plug
Trailer brake controller pre-wiring under instrument panel
Heavy-duty battery (710 CCA)
Lower final gear ratio (3.36:1); similar to 4.10:1 on a 4-speed automatic
Extendable tow mirrors (N/A on XE)
Transmission temperature gauge
Increased tow capacity

So does that mean in the past the dealers have been telling me a fib on having to buy a further up the line truck, to get the toy package or is this something new.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm pretty sure they were lying to ya...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok well then whats the difference in the big tow package besides the mirrors now? again the dealer was probably trying to give me the shaft but i thought he said a "base" model could only tow 5K... but on nissan web page all models are now listed, With Tow Package crew cab short bed 4x4:
XE 9,200, SE 9100, LE 8900.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
KERR said:
ok well then whats the difference in the big tow package besides the mirrors now? again the dealer was probably trying to give me the shaft but i thought he said a "base" model could only tow 5K... but on nissan web page all models are now listed, With Tow Package crew cab short bed 4x4:
XE 9,200, SE 9100, LE 8900.
Because now you are able to get the 3:36 gearing on the XE which allow for greater towing capacity. That and along with some other components.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah, I got an 07 XE with tow package. At least in 07, while you could get tow in XE, you also had to take several other unrelated options (trac, preferred, bedliner) to get the tow pkg.

·
Registered
408 Posts
baseballfanz said:
Yes you can have tow package on XE, started in 06. You will not however get the BT mirrors with a BT package on the XE.
The XE trucks with tow are probably not rated as high as SE+ with Big-Tow. Reason? Mirrors. Typically, more weight means bigger trailer... and bigger trailers need bigger mirrors. It's a SAFETY issue. And Nissan has to cover its ***.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts