Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, I was wondering. Since it seems Nissan started welding the coil buckets higher on the 08+ Titans, has anyone thought about dropping them down and inch and re-welding them?

I was looking at the today while installing my pocket flares and it seems to me that you should be able to cut them off and mount them down at least an inch lower.

Just wondering if anyone else has thought about this.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
That seems like a big no no..lol i don't think they would still have the same strength.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That seems like a big no no..lol i don't think they would still have the same strength.
no reason you couldnt actually make it stronger while relocating them. They are only welded on to start with.

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
if your gonna go through and cut them off you might as well just do a shock hoop while they are off.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
ince it seems Nissan started welding the coil buckets higher on the 08+ Titans, has anyone thought about dropping them down and inch and re-welding them?
....And for what?.....so you can run a "spacer lift"?....If you were concerned about real performance you would get some aftermarket UCA's and that would be that....Unless you really have no idea how much work you're proposing...:)

if your gonna go through and cut them off you might as well just do a shock hoop while they are off.
Pretty much....

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is already my long term plan, just thinking outside the box.

....And for what?.....so you can run a "spacer lift"?....If you were concerned about real performance you would get some aftermarket UCA's and that would be that....Unless you really have no idea how much work you're proposing...:)
actually I have UCAs, I was just thinking it would be a way to get a little more lift.

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
I second that.. It would be a pain to get a clean cut and then modify it to drop an inch. It was a pain in the a$$ when I cut mine out for my shock hoops.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a 2010 with stock suspension and I have already had contact between the UCA and coil bucket is there anything i can do to fix this. I'm gonna take it to the dealer this weekend and see what they have to say about it.

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
I have a 2010 with stock suspension and I have already had contact between the UCA and coil bucket is there anything i can do to fix this. I'm gonna take it to the dealer this weekend and see what they have to say about it.
Grind the lip down. where it contacts the uca, grind that spot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts