Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '08 just clocked the 1000 mile mark. I was planning on replacing the oil for the first time this weekend. Since I had been using Mobil 1 in my old car I'm not too familar with regular oils anymore. What have you guys been using in yours? And who has switched to Mobil 1 in the Titan and what kind of results have you had? Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
BlueHen said:
My '08 just clocked the 1000 mile mark. I was planning on replacing the oil for the first time this weekend. Since I had been using Mobil 1 in my old car I'm not too familar with regular oils anymore. What have you guys been using in yours? And who has switched to Mobil 1 in the Titan and what kind of results have you had? Thanks

I own an '04 and I have been using Mobil 1 (5w-30) since the 2,000 mile mark; I changed it every 5k miles while the truck was under warranty; since then I've been using their 15k mile oil (5w-30, golden cap) and change it every 10k miles with excelente results.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got an '07 XE KC 4x4. I changed out the run-in oil at 1400 and let the dealer re-fill, hey it was a free oil service. Ran that oil for 3K and just switched to Mobil1 5w-30 this weekend at 4500. I plan to do 5K changes w/ OE filter.

- MarkC.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I thought you were supposed to wait 'til about 20,000 miles before using synthetic oils in motors?

·
Registered
37 Posts
PRJ said:
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I thought you were supposed to wait 'til about 20,000 miles before using synthetic oils in motors?
Nope. There are numerous vehicles that come factory-filled with synthetics. I personally waited until the first scheduled change and switched over AMSOIL 0W-30 and filter. No problems.

If you're interested, I know a guy.......

·
Registered
257 Posts
i had my oil replaced at around 1,100 miles at the dealer, then changed it myself to Mobil-1 at 2,500 miles. i change the oil once with 300 or so miles on it but i had the truck sitting for a while during the summer when gas was a lot and drove my Tib.

oil changes are cheap insurance in my eyes so i am willing to change oil frequently. i always go about 6 months on the oil with 300 to about 1,500 miles on it.
truck is a 04 cc with 8,700 miles on it now

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I was planing on waiting a couple of oil changes for the synthetic, you guys just comfirmed that. Waht's the best regular oil out there that I can use now?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts