Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be installing a pair of 08 Pro X front springs, on my 05 XE 2wd. Ill be using my currently installed 5100s. My question is, should I leave the 5100s adjusted to 0 perch or no increase in lift. I want to even the front of the truck with the rear of truck height. The new 08 pro4x springs will have a couple of inch lift, I'm shure. So if I adjust the 5100s higher, it may sit higher than the rear? Thanks for any feedback!

·
Registered
656 Posts
I put mine on the middle perch, it rides very nice with this setup. Going to be replacing mine here soon with the exact same setup.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Consider the ride quality vs the lift if that matters to you. The stiffer coils will still give you some lift. You can also use a 1.5 spacer if you want.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right, I'd like a good ride quality, for sure. If I keep the 5100s at no lift perch, I assume ride quality should be better, than if the 5100s where set at 1.5 or 2"?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Middle perch, pro4x coils, 1in spacer for about 3 in of lift. You might run into issues that you can solve yourself with the help of the search function on here.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Its actually more like 1.5, go to bilstiens web site and you will see the 5100 adds 2.75 on the top perch. So for me the middle and pro4x coils were great. If you add a spacer you might need to do some grinding but nothing serious.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Middle perch, meaning set at the 1" mark on the 5100s?
Its actually more like 1.5, go to bilstiens web site and you will see the 5100 adds 2.75 on the top perch. So for me the middle and pro4x coils were great. If you add a spacer you might need to do some grinding but nothing serious.
I assume your 06 is a 2WD? You went with 1.5 on the bilsteins with the pro4x springs. Did that set up bring your front end, even with your rear? The rear has no lift installed? Right now I'm 3/4" to 1 " heigher in the rear thar front. With stock OEM, springs and bilsteins at 1.75 I believe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
2 Participants
Tufft
Nissan Titan Forum
Nissan Titan Talk Forum is a community for truck owners to discuss the Titan Cummins, Warrior, Midnight Edition and more!
Full Forum Listing