Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys have a CCLB Pro4x and really think I'm gonna go ahead and do the RAS for towing my gooseneck 3-horse slant. Have Timbrens in my Ford but makes it really harsh over bumps unloaded... anyways heard great things about the RAS but I was also wanting to do a 1.5/1" lift on this truck. QUestion: Will the RAS go ahead and take care of the rear end lift for me? Or should I do both? Just don't want to lose too much of my rake squatting trucks drive me nuts :teethmast Thanks for the input.

Oh also to anyone with a gooseneck in an 08-up I was told by B+W I wouldn't be able to flip the ball over? I see there's a crossmember right in the middle of the bed, but have seen other TItans with this hitch flip over no problem... does the long bed make the difference? THanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
EDIT:
just talked to B+W and I guess the guy at the truck shop thought I still had my 08 Tundra... the Toyotas have the flipover problems, not the Titans, sorry... other questions still stand :)

·
Registered
2,006 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone have any experience with a mini lift and the Roadmaster RAS system? Wanting to do this soon if possible...

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Hey 03six,

Welcome to MJW and Blevinger's Titan Gooseneck Club. I can specifically answer your question about the RAS....YES, you will get between 1"-2" of rear lift out of the RAS. I did the '08 4x4 springs and 5100s up front and the RAS in back and quipped that it served as a "functional" mini-lift. Here's a picture.

BEFORE

AFTER

THE UNIT

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for letting me in the club :) I've had goosenecks on all my previous trucks and the whole reason for getting the T was the 7' bed w/a big crew on a 1/2 ton... I pull a 2008 S+H 3-horse slant w/tack/changing room in front. My wife's 04 GMC 1/2 ton did it no problem so I don't see any issues with the T. I'm getting ready to order the B+W this coming week, installed them on my past trucks so not too worried about it. I'll get some pics up as soon as I'm hooked up for the first time. Hopefully have the RAS on by then so it doesn't look too wimpy squatting :bangit:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Thanks for letting me in the club :)
The more the merrier!

I've had goosenecks on all my previous trucks and the whole reason for getting the T was the 7' bed w/a big crew on a 1/2 ton... I pull a 2008 S+H 3-horse slant w/tack/changing room in front. My wife's 04 GMC 1/2 ton did it no problem so I don't see any issues with the T.
Oh yeah, the T will handle that like the boss it is.

·
Registered
148 Posts
think the RAS would work with a extended travel pakage from prg?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the hellwig spring helpers, they handle; great minimal sag as u can see... handles great at 70. I have a tekonsha P3 bc. the equipment i tote around weighs in close to 12,000 lbs great job hellwig.

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have an 07 crew cab 2wd with cst spindles and dr coilovers up front with 8" of lift and a 2" tapered block in the rear with the overload spring removed with the 3 deaver spring leaf pack and bilstein's and I added the RAS with no problems. They offer two kits and I got the heavy duty ones. Let me say they lifted my truck up about 1" in the back and the ride is great, I have no axle wrap and they kinda act like traction bars back there. The one thing I was a little disappointed with was they did help with sag in the back of my truck but not as much as I had hoped. Don't expect to put something really heavy back there and have no sag. The sag I still had might also have to do with the fact of the size of the lift I have on the truck and the drop hitch. Mind you this was while towing my dad's 24 foot deck boat and that boat had alot of weight sitting on the hitch as most trailers do. For me I don't care too much for airbags because of all the extra crap you have to install for them and with the lift the bags would have reduced the rear travel significantly. I can still adjust the spring tension a little tighter to get less sag but they work great just the way they are.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts