Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the payload capacity of this truck. I saw a door sticker on a website that showed 1150# payload. Is this correct?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I thought so. Now I just have to find me one.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I have hauled 2K in mine several times...it wasn't too happy about it though.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Digging up an old post of mine but look at the door sticker. Is that with the rating with the factory tires? That is on the pillar of my 08 Pro4X CC LWB.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know that sounds like BS. Have you looked at your pillar to see what yours says? The manual says to look at the pillar for the rating.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The manual and the pillar payload ratings are always different, with the pillar being the lower number. I have never been able to get a concrete answer on this.

·
Registered
85 Posts
7200 minus weight of your truck = payload

1322 for a long bed is right on it my swb weight 5700 with me onboard and full tank of gas so

7200 - 5700 = 1500 ( 1498 in my door )

Samething for big 3 a lariat crew have a 1400 lbs payload ,

·
Registered
253 Posts
Really trying to find my Long bed now, what MPGs are the LWBs getting

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im getting around 15 hwy and 13 city. I have no mods and factory size tires on it, for now. I love the truck and bought it for the extra room and towing. It tows great and has a lot less sway then my old 05 KC Titan had. Good luck.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I drove 350 miles to get my LWB. Had 3 get sold before I could even get to the dealer around here...but ended up getting a great deal on a lifted LE 4X4 CC with nav/roof/dvd. For hunting and fishing trips it is the best! I avg 12 mpg. I drive a Sprinter van for work so parking the T was no problem. 070.jpg

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
The manual and the pillar payload ratings are always different, with the pillar being the lower number. I have never been able to get a concrete answer on this.
The reason the payload ratings differ from the manual vrs. the door pillar is because each truck even if its is the same model may/will have different options.
Each option added reduces you payload by that amount.
There can easily be a 4 or 500 lbs difference in payload for the same model of truck.
The # in the manual for the base truck, add nav, stereo, different tires, different running boards, hitch etc, your payload drops.
Odds are, that your real payload is less than the door pillar #. How much stuff do you carry in your truck? that decreases payload. Most comapanies figure payload with a 150lb driver, if you weigh more, that takes away from payload.
The only way to be sure of a given trucks actual payload is to weigh the truck as you would normally drive it, then subtract that # from your GVWR.
Most people would probably be shocked at how small their real payload is, often 1/3 less than the manual states.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I drove 350 miles to get my LWB. Had 3 get sold before I could even get to the dealer around here...but ended up getting a great deal on a lifted LE 4X4 CC with nav/roof/dvd. For hunting and fishing trips it is the best! I avg 12 mpg. I drive a Sprinter van for work so parking the T was no problem. View attachment 133063
I found mine in VA and I live in GA. I bought it without seeing it in person and had it hauled to my driveway. With is still having a warranty I wasn't too worried and I did find it an a Nissan dealer so I felt pretty good about that. so far so good. Almost a year later and only the heater valve problem and one back up sensor that goes out sometimes, usually when its cold and wet.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I live just north of Tampa. I had been looking for a cc titan w/ LWB 4x4 for quite some time. I found 3 new back in July. Two were in washington state and one in pa just outside of Philly. I got a good deal like 10 grand off sticker and a decent interest rate. Flew up and picked up the silver one in pa. Completed the deal over the internet in less than a day. I love the truck. I avg. around 14 mpg. My son was happy with the new truck as he got the old 2004 titan k/c.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
You wont notice much difference in MPG with the LWB truck. I didn't. As for payload, relax and haul azz. It'll handle FAR more than the numbers let on. Just don't be stupid about it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts