Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at trading my 05 for an 08 and they went cheap on the se. Chrome door handles and mirrors is not on the se only le. No leather wrapped stearing wheel standard and no captains chairs standard. The thing that I liked about the titan was that it had some extras without having to pay for them like others out there. But now they want to charge for every option, it's dissapointing. I love my cloth captians chairs but not sure if the only way to get them is in the rockford option which is thousands. They wonder why sales are down the truck keeps getting cheaper and the price keeps going up. Does all le have leather?? I don't want leather but want the captians chairs.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
My 08 SE came with cloth captains, leather wrapped wheel and no chrome. I believe the options you would like are now only available in the off-road package and the LE.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So yours is a 2008 not a 08.5. So captains chairs and leather wheel came standard on your 2008?? If so can I still find an 08 out there? thanks

·
Registered
334 Posts
my 08 se has captain chairs, leather wrap wheel, backup sensors, adjustable pedals, 6 disc, blah, blah, blah. Pretty much everything except sunroof, leather, and nav.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know that everything is still available but now you have to buy it in a package for 3,000 dollars. Not all of us are rich. My point is that the standard stuff in 05 now is only in a package in 08.5. Can anyone tell me if captains chairs are standard on an 08 SE crew titan? Might be keeping the 05 but need the crew.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I believe you are mistaken on the older models. Yes, the chrome is gone with the new Titans, however the leather-wrapped steering wheel, power captains chair, rear sonar, steering-wheel mounted radio controls, auto-dimming mirror, homelink, etc are part of the "Popular Package" same as with the '05. The only difference I see now is you have to get the Rockford Fosgate Popular Package w/ Bucket Seats to get all those things, a $2,200 MSRP package. The $1,200 Popular Package has all that except for the bucket seats.

Anyway, most SE's had the Popular Package which is why it may seem like all this stuff came standard. My '05 is optioned the same way.

·
Registered
662 Posts
blizzardtitan said:
I know that everything is still available but now you have to buy it in a package for 3,000 dollars. Not all of us are rich. My point is that the standard stuff in 05 now is only in a package in 08.5. Can anyone tell me if captains chairs are standard on an 08 SE crew titan? Might be keeping the 05 but need the crew.
Why don't you just keep your 05?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
My 05 SE came with all the chrome and leather wrapped steering wheel. I don't have any package option and there was a credit applied for the bench seat, bucket seats were standard.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
Yahooligan is correct. I have an 08 with the Popular Package that included everything you describe (minus the chrome), but now with the 08.5, you must get the Rockford Fosgate Package to get the Popular Package items. I'm not sure why they changed it, I would have no interest in purchasing the Rockford Fosgate stereo for roughly $1000 more, but would be forced to with the 08.5.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Nissan took the chrome of the SE because LE's owners were complaining that thier more expensive trucks didn't stand out from the lower SE's.

·
Registered
603 Posts
mine is the PP 08 SE :)

Had everything I cared to have.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just got my 08 SE a month ago, and it has cloth captains chairs and the leather wrapped wheel standard. All 08 SE's have thaose as standard options. Look on Nissan's website or get a brochure from your dealer, it says it. I don't know about the 08.5's though.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
nissanusa.com says captains are options and leather-wrapped wheel are part of the Popular/Preferred packages. Must have changed for 08.5 :(

·
Registered
61 Posts
I looked at it like this...the only other truck I liked and considered buying was the Tundra. Both are awesome trucks but compare the price of the Titan against the Tundra even when you add the Popular pkg and a few other little things that you like and it's still crazy cheap. Price has gone up since 05 but what else do you know of that doesn't cost more in 08 than it did three years ago. Prices of steel, etc have skyrocketed. I feel fortunate to have gotten such an awesome truck priced in the mid 20's!

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Yahooligan said:
nissanusa.com says captains are options and leather-wrapped wheel are part of the Popular/Preferred packages. Must have changed for 08.5 :(
They cheapend it for 08.5 then. I know the only real differences between 08 and 08.5 are some packaging changes and a step for the bed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts