Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 LE CC with 2k miles on it and the check engine light has been for about 200 miles. It came on a few days ago and I checked the gas cap and it was not on all the way so I fixed that and light went off, well now its back on and gas cap is fine. Any ideas? Do these have the suggested service programmed in to remind you and then they can clear it?

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Either pull the code yourself as per instructions in the DYI section or head to an autopart store and they can read the code for you, usually free of charge. Post the code and someone can tell you exactly what it mean.

The SES light is not a maintanence reminder light.

·
Registered
109 Posts
My check engine light came on today also. I have a scangauge to I read the code and it was u1000. I checked into it and it has something to do with a loose ground. I reset the code so I have to wait for it to come on again before I bring it in to the dealership.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
NH-Titan said:
My check engine light came on today also. I have a scangauge to I read the code and it was u1000. I checked into it and it has something to do with a loose ground. I reset the code so I have to wait for it to come on again before I bring it in to the dealership.
Yeah U1000 is CAN communication errors. All the different computer in the truck communicate via CAN, a grounding issue cause them not to be able to talk to each other. It involved taking the dash apart and repairing the ground connection.:D

·
Premium Member
58,707 Posts
Baseball. I have a scanner and the CD that came with it has some codes but not all. Is there a list of codes for the Titan?

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Quartz said:
Baseball. I have a scanner and the CD that came with it has some codes but not all. Is there a list of codes for the Titan?
This link has most of the codes, codes also get added for different model years. A complete list of codes can be found in the service manual.
http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/Common/codes3.htm

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Only thing done is k&n intake which I took out of my 05 and put in the 08 on the dealers property, everything looks fine under the hood.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
you could have oil from the k&N filter on the MAF sensor. Pull it out and take a look.

BTW I took my K&N drop in filter out of the truck and gained 1.8mpg average.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Light has been off for 2 days now, guess Ill just have them take a look when I go in for my oil change

1 - 10 of 10 Posts