Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, can you use the 04 springs with just the 5100's and get a lift out of it? or really should we do the 08 springs and 5100's. wht is the difference in the springs side by side? are they that much taller? for 78.13 a piece from courtesy, if its not going to make a huge difference, no point to spend 156 dollars!

Will the 5100 spring perch raise up the front to level up the front end with no issues? or do you really need these 08 springs or a leveling kit.

Thanks.

Chris 04 titan

·
Registered
984 Posts
The 5100s allow up to 1" of lift (possibly 1.5", I honestly forget), but the 2008+ 4x4/Pro4x coils offer another .5"-1" of lift. They have to be 2008+ because its a little longer I believe. Try searching for more accuracy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
not trying to jack the thread but i have an 05 with a daystar level kit and my right side sits up about .75 inch higher than my driverside. i guess it would be maybe to left front shock is bad or maybe the spring??? i'm not sure if it was like this before i had the level kit installed. but anyway i too was looking at the 5100's as a possible fix to my problem and was trying for a total of about 3 inches of lift in the front. I was thinking about going with saw coils and prg uca's but the price is too much for what i want to spend on the truck. So i too want to know if i need to get both the 5100s and 08 springs or just need to 5100s.

·
Registered
519 Posts
OK, can you use the 04 springs with just the 5100's and get a lift out of it? or really should we do the 08 springs and 5100's. wht is the difference in the springs side by side? are they that much taller? for 78.13 a piece from courtesy, if its not going to make a huge difference, no point to spend 156 dollars!

Will the 5100 spring perch raise up the front to level up the front end with no issues? or do you really need these 08 springs or a leveling kit.

Thanks.

Chris 04 titan
I have 5100's on the middle perch and got about 1.6" of lift. Mine truck is 4*4 and 2009. You will see more lift if you change from 2005 springs to 2008+ springs because your coilbucket is lower. There are guys on here that switched springs and added the 5100's and got almost 4" of lift plus a better ride.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have 5100's on the middle perch and got about 1.6" of lift. Mine truck is 4*4 and 2009. You will see more lift if you change from 2005 springs to 2008+ springs because your coilbucket is lower. There are guys on here that switched springs and added the 5100's and got almost 4" of lift plus a better ride.

So if I add the 5100s and 08 springs, with my 2inch daystar level kit I could see 4 inches or more? I thought I read somewhere that you can't have that much lift? Like I would need to keep it under 4inches? I would love to have 4 inches and a 1 1/2 block in the rear :)

·
Registered
519 Posts
So if I add the 5100s and 08 springs, with my 2inch daystar level kit I could see 4 inches or more? I thought I read somewhere that you can't have that much lift? Like I would need to keep it under 4inches? I would love to have 4 inches and a 1 1/2 block in the rear :)
Are you 4wd? If I were you I would swap out to 08+ pro4x springs and 5100's on the middle setting WITHOUT the daystar kit, you'll be very surprised with the results. With the leveling kit on with that setup you will most likely have extreme coil bucket issues.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Are you 4wd? If I were you I would swap out to 08+ pro4x springs and 5100's on the middle setting WITHOUT the daystar kit, you'll be very surprised with the results. With the leveling kit on with that setup you will most likely have extreme coil bucket issues.
But can I get close to 4 inches without the level kit? I'm looking for the most lift safely at the cheapest cost. Oh and yeah I have a 4x4.

Just reread your post about people getting close to 4 inches. He he. That sounds good than.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
What's your front ground to fender height?

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
OK, can you use the 04 springs with just the 5100's and get a lift out of it? or really should we do the 08 springs and 5100's. wht is the difference in the springs side by side?
side by side 2004 4x4 springs are 14" long and 2008+ 4x4 springs are 15" long. I have 5100's set in the middle with 08 spring and I'm getting about 2 1/2 height which puts the truck slightly higher in the front than the back. I added a PRG 1.5 level kit but I had coil bucket contact so I took it off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got about 2 inches from the daystar but I want 3 to 4 total. Is this possible? If I change the springs to 08+ that should give me 3inches total. Can you set the 5100s to not add any height? Would 3 inches give me coil bucket problems? Is there any fix or way to get 3-4 inches?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I got about 2 inches from the daystar but I want 3 to 4 total. Is this possible? If I change the springs to 08+ that should give me 3inches total. Can you set the 5100s to not add any height? Would 3 inches give me coil bucket problems? Is there any fix or way to get 3-4 inches?

Thanks
Bottom setting preloads the coils a little, and gives 1/2" of lift. Scan999 got contact with a 1.5" leveling kit, but coil buckets are welded on at different positions due to loose tolerances even on the older Titans. You might might have contact ... but you might not. You can grind the lip of the bucket to gain a little clearance.

·
Registered
519 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bottom setting preloads the coils a little, and gives 1/2" of lift. Scan999 got contact with a 1.5" leveling kit, but coil buckets are welded on at different positions due to loose tolerances even on the older Titans. You might might have contact ... but you might not. You can grind the lip of the bucket to gain a little clearance.
Thanks man I'll shoot for 3 to 3 1/2 and grind the lip if need be

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok then, Im ordering the 5100's today and now I need a source for the 08 springs. who ordered them fairly cheap?

thanks Chris 04

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Thanks man I'll shoot for 3 to 3 1/2 and grind the lip if need be
When I did the hat flip on my DRE, (Icon), coilovers which had the Titan at 4", the sway bar turned, and if I didn't have aftermarket rims the OEM endlinks might have damaged the rim or tires. But I ran mine for years with NP at 3". So anyway you might want to get the swaybar endlinks from PRGproducts.com, if you go over 3".

ok then, Im ordering the 5100's today and now I need a source for the 08 springs. who ordered them fairly cheap?

thanks Chris 04
The local dealer will have them, but sometimes you can find them in the Titan Talk buy and sell forum, or contact our site sponser [email protected] Nissan Titan Forum - View Profile: [email protected]

·
Registered
783 Posts
i have an 08 CC 2WD, stock suspension, and want to level it. if i get Bilstein's and put them on the middle setting, would i get 1" or 1.5"?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey fellas, Not looking to thread jack OP but since we are on the topic.

First offi have an 05 CC 2wd I am looking to get some lift out of the frontend. Can i go with Bilstein HD's up front w/ 08 springs and a 1.5 leveling kit from PRG?

Looking to go the cheapest route for the time being($$ tight)

Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Hey fellas, Not looking to thread jack OP but since we are on the topic.

First offi have an 05 CC 2wd I am looking to get some lift out of the frontend. Can i go with Bilstein HD's up front w/ 08 springs and a 1.5 leveling kit from PRG?

Looking to go the cheapest route for the time being($$ tight)

Thanks,
Greg
Yes. You could also do the same with the 5100's, which would give you an additional 1/2" on their lowest setting, (their spring perch is a little higher than stock and the Bilstein HD's, so they preload the coils a little).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts