Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just called two local dealerships to get my timing advanced. The first one said that they didn't want to do it because it wasn't within nissan spec. After I explained that it was they're having the service manager call me back.

The second dealership said that they could do it BUT the ECU will go back to the original timing after 5 or so starts. Thoughts?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
92,554 Posts
anmut said:
I just called two local dealerships to get my timing advanced. The first one said that they didn't want to do it because it wasn't within nissan spec. After I explained that it was they're having the service manager call me back.

The second dealership said that they could do it BUT the ECU will go back to the original timing after 5 or so starts. Thoughts?
Smoke and mirrors.. ignorance and lack of willingness to help abounds in this world.... It isn't just for breakfast anymore.

If this were true, Titanblue would be a VERY busy man! :jester:

Put a flue damper on your butthole, cuz they're blowing smoke up there, man.......:upsidedow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
I have an 08 and was thinking of getting this done. However. the service manager says he has no clue what a consult III is??? The parts guy doesnt knwo what a catback is??? sorta thinking they are messing with me

anyway, i think they are talking about the ecu adapting to the fuel mixture and resetting itself...there is a good thread on this in the performance section going on right now, check it out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
P's Titan said:
Like what BB said, it doesnt. My local SM swore it would go back and after months and months it's stil there.
And you have an 08? How do you know it's still there - butt dyno? Not that I don't believe you...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
274 Posts
anmut said:
And you have an 08? How do you know it's still there - butt dyno? Not that I don't believe you...

Mine is still there. My smile dyno tells me so.:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
375 Posts
Ok.. Saw this the AM, Just checked mine is still there...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
375 Posts
Hendge said:
I have an 08 and was thinking of getting this done. However. the service manager says he has no clue what a consult III is??? The parts guy doesnt knwo what a catback is??? sorta thinking they are messing with me

anyway, i think they are talking about the ecu adapting to the fuel mixture and resetting itself...there is a good thread on this in the performance section going on right now, check it out
Your dealer is not very smart...
Service Manager should know what Consult3 is after paying for it..
He is playing DUMB...
No other 2008 ecm programm has been found cause of the new programms...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
92,554 Posts
tazstitan said:
Ok.. Saw this the AM, Just checked mine is still there...
Okay... so 4 starts down... Tomorrow, YOU'RE SCREWED! :rofl:

Thanks for verifying this. We dumbasses can say it's smoke all we want, but to really verify it, you need a Nissan Tech! Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I started calling more dealers around the state and found a few that said "yeah no problem!" Then I asked if they had a consult III and if the ECU settings will stick and they said "Yeah of course!" Now I'm calling back the close dealerships to see if they can buck up and save me a two hour drive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
I talked to my local Nissan dealer today about getting the timing done, they told me they will have to charge me 1.5 hr labor which equals to about $130. What a rip off man stealdealer no doubt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
274 Posts
9sec95autoTT said:
I talked to my local Nissan dealer today about getting the timing done, they told me they will have to charge me 1.5 hr labor which equals to about $130. What a rip off man stealdealer no doubt.
1.5 hrs?! :huh: Once those lazy bastards roll your truck into the garage I think it takes them about 5 minutes tops. My truck was in and out in about 15 minutes but I was still charged an hour. Crooks :futwice:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
9sec95autoTT said:
I talked to my local Nissan dealer today about getting the timing done, they told me they will have to charge me 1.5 hr labor which equals to about $130. What a rip off man stealdealer no doubt.
That is some f$%king BS. Anyone else you could go to? Hell even if you had to do a bit of driving I bet paying for gas would still be less than paying for an hour and a half.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Yeah no kidding. Those people at the dealership must think they need to rip people off every chance they get. I think I will try to call a few more dealership around my area to see if they are willing to do it at a more reasonable price.



anmut said:
That is some f$%king BS. Anyone else you could go to? Hell even if you had to do a bit of driving I bet paying for gas would still be less than paying for an hour and a half.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,143 Posts
So, if I were to get the 2* advance without any CAI(I did the DIY Air Box mod w/ K&N filter) or exhaust, would I know/feel any difference? Is it really worth doing it without those two things? Also, how much does it hinder your fuel mileage?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
274 Posts
Juday said:
So, if I were to get the 2* advance without any CAI(I did the DIY Air Box mod w/ K&N filter) or exhaust, would I know/feel any difference? Is it really worth doing it without those two things? Also, how much does it hinder your fuel mileage?
Yes. You will feel the difference. IT has no effect on mileage. Your foot, however, is a different story. :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FFtitan said:
My dealership still insists it cant be done on 08, only 04-07s.
Call around to different dealers - I had one tell me they can't, another that it wouldn't stick, and still another that "yeah, it wasn't a problem - call and make an appointment."

I think that some service managers and techs just don't know the latest info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
274 Posts
FFtitan said:
My dealership still insists it cant be done on 08, only 04-07s.
My dealer wouldnt even do mine. Just go somewhere else. :cheers:
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top